JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wandered into Big 5 today and found, to my surprise, a Yugoslavian M24/47. Never saw one there before. I took a look at it and it was one of the nicest ones i've seen.

The wood had very few dings and the metal was 100% blued. I even checked the crown and the sight hood and the trigger guard; all deep blue-black. Serial numbers on the stock, floor plate, and receiver matched, but the bolt did not. It was still packed with Cosmoline. (The guy at the counter was nice enough to get me a towel to wipe the Cosmo off my hands.) Locking screws were in place. The bore had Cosmo in it, but it looked perfect. It was a Samco import which was marked in very small letters under the barrel near the muzzle.

They're asking $300 which is too much. But at $200 it would be worth a gun of that quality. If Big 5 follows their "tradition," expect a big sale at some point. That may be your chance to get a EXCELLENT 24/47 at a very good price.

Wow, 300 bucks for them now? I bought one there a year or so ago for 99 bucks on sale. I think the regular price at that point was $179. Wow.
I sold the thing, and wish I had not. Oh well. Easy come, easy go.

Well, keep in mind that Big 5 always had ridiculous prices for their milsurp. Their Mosin Nagant 91/30 listed for $180, which was nuts. But on sale, they went for $75, which is a good price. That's about 60% off! If the 24/47 gets a 60% mark down, we're talking about $120. And that's a great price for such a nice rifle.

I know i'm going to keep an eye on their ads. I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks; i hope the "big sale" doesn't happen when i'm gone:angry:.

The yugo are kinda in the middle, triggers, mounts that kinda stuff all interchange with standard 98 parts. the stocks and trigger gaurds are different than the normal two. Boyd's makes stocks for them. I have made hunting cal rifles out of about four of them, for the kids. They work great for that