JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the only semi auto pistol I would buy other than my glocks.
Looks good, feels good, shoots great.

The main reason (only reason) I went with glock is the versatility to use the same mag for multiple pistols.

That's the only semi auto pistol I would buy other than my glocks.
Looks good, feels good, shoots great.

The main reason (only reason) I went with glock is the versatility to use the same mag for multiple pistols.
The m&p9c can use the full size mags so not much of a difference there but way more comfortable to shoot.

287145-ef37ce5c7707b0c1de345facf2c8827d.jpg

Appartently I didn't do very much research.
I do really like the M&Ps, but I'm 3 glocks in and about 30 mags so I'm not changing now

I find I like different brands for different calibers and sizes. I eventually traded all Glock full size and mid-size for full size M&P 2.0s. I will eventually have an M&P 45 2.0.

I still prefer the G26 over anything in either brand that isn't full sized. I never liked the compact M&Ps and I'm not a single stack guy unless its a 1911 or P220.

I have and carry daily a Glock 26. I like it for a carry gun, but hate that it's so bulky and thick.

That was the reason like I like the shield.
And if the shield somehow took the same mags as a full size I would have went with S&W.

But then again, it would then be as thick and bulky as the G26.

I won't go swapping up at this point, but I would love to, and probably will buy a M&P full size 9mm someday when I have dispensable income.

And after another 5 firearms I've been waiting on.

I own several M & Ps. I love the comfortable ergonomics. I have upgraded the triggers
with apex sears. Just picked up this full size 9mm, 5 inch M 2.0. I think I can leave this
trigger stock. :rolleyes:
DSC00109.JPG

re: post 8: Name one pistol line where single stack mags are interchangeable with double stack. Maybe Smith needs a full size single stack, oh I think those are called 1911. :D

I own 2 gen 1 / mark 1 what ever the designation will be. 2nd handgun I purchased was one of these. My first was an SD (not the Sigma, not the SDVE) - which I got blood blisters from, when changing the mag in competition, I'd pinch the meat of my strong hand under the mag base plate while slamming it in. Of course, that meant the mag wasn't properly seated and then I'd get a click. I still have the SD as a house gun.

I am trying to decide if I follow @ron, or jump on a Mark 1 CORE. I want to mount an optic, my old eyes need reading glasses and finding a front sight with out them takes concentration. Or, I expect in a time, M2.0 CORE will be sold.

Alternatively, I need a machinist to make a base plate for my optic - you drive out the rear sight, an drive in a base plate to mount the optic to. (there are also rail mount systems - search around here for a discussion from last year) But in this case, I don't need to buy a new pistol, and that is just crazy talk. Maybe I need both machinist & gun - optic up 2.

I bought a Mark 1 CORE. 150 rds thru it, simple clean, competed in steel - that was about 150 more rounds
no issues
Trigger is a little heavier than my other M&Ps. Those I all put in Apex sears.
I detail cleaned, polished a few parts I like polished - feed ramp, sear, the connector for sear, the striker block, the bar which moves the striker block and the rails for the slide.
Installed my Vortex Viper - now I need to steel some time to sight it in.

Put a pin in a Mark 2 Compact for next years buy a gun day.

And I want to find out if one of the typical carry optics can be mounted on a Shield.

I got one last week. m&P 2.0 .40S&W in the 4.25". Never owned an M&P before, actually never even shot one, just have handled a bunch.
Shot it this weekend. Great pistol. Trigger will take some getting used to being mainly and XD pistol guy. But should be just fine. Definitely fun to shoot.

Put about 200 down the CORE today. Using the Vortex Viper.

I had co-witnessed the red dot and sights in the garage and was minute of steel plate back at 20 - 25 yrds.
I set the dot to lolly pop the front sight. Typical M&P sights are combat - that is put the white dot where you want the impact. This could mean my red dot could be slightly high. But didn't seem to be an issue.

But about 150 in, the red dot went out. :mad:

Since I owned it for a year, even before I mounted it, I'll start with battery ... better be the battery.

Since the dot let me down, I didn't get to do any supported shooting against a sight - in target.

I also worked on my IDPA setup. I have only one holster that works for this gun - silencer sights means all my M&P holsters drag the front sight, and those won't do in competition. My Crossbreed IWB is working. I did have to adjust the kant.
The Viper works without issue and the front post doesn't drag.
2.5-2.7 on the draw to first impact. I'll need some further work in the garage to improve that - need to be sub 2 seconds.

Sucky, sucky, sucky.

Looks like I need warranty service.

The Viper was intermittent in todays IDPA match.
Glad I co-witnessed the iron.

The holster setup - Crossbreed - worked well, no issue on draw nor during holstering.

Sucky, sucky, sucky.

Looks like I need warranty service.

The Viper was intermittent in todays IDPA match.
Glad I co-witnessed the iron.

The holster setup - Crossbreed - worked well, no issue on draw nor during holstering.

I tried using an IWB holster my first IDPA match. Too much of a pain reholstering. I also realized how much of a game it really is. Safariland 6378 from then on for me.

@RicInOR I had to send my Viper back to Vortex also (was turning off and on intermittently). The tech guy said the sight was fine, but there where instances with his personal CORE as well as others including mine that were having on/off intermittent issues.

He said that modifying the mounting plate that came with the CORE should fix the issue. Apparently the indexing nubs on the plate are too tall and not allowing the Viper to sit firmly enough to the slide to hold the battery in place, thus causing the intermittent issues.

I did as he suggested and filed down the nubs on the mounting plate. While that helped, it still was not 100% so it's been relegated to AR duty.

I also have the Venom that I bought before the Viper and had ran it in Speed Steel, but it does not co-witness. I would much rather be able to co-witness should the red dot fail in competition or elsewhere. Just a bummer the the Viper and CORE
Can't play nice. Oh well....:(

Well that sucks.

I bought the Viper for my FS .. but didn't have a mount
So, I bought the CORE for the Viper.

Things to make you go hmmmmmmmm

I'll share what I hear back.

I "REALLY WANT" an M&P but they dont have one that in the caliber I want. I want a 10mm M&P 2.0 and sent them an email stating that they should make one.. I got a reply that they cannot make a statement on what the designers may or may not be in the process of making.

If they had a 10mm then I would definitely buy one!

I own several M & Ps. I love the comfortable ergonomics. I have upgraded the triggers
with apex sears. Just picked up this full size 9mm, 5 inch M 2.0. I think I can leave this
trigger stock. :rolleyes:
View attachment 352329
Love me some M&P; own mix of 1.0's in various calibers - sprang for a 2.0 in 40 Smith (@ $440); I own too many 9's already, hope to see a 5" 357 Sig barrel come out.
BTW, like the other poster, I'd really like this in 10mm - might consider having the 40 barrel reamed out for a 10. It's usually about $75-100 bucks.
Gave my Glock 19 to the wife - I shoot it well but sort of hate the ergos. She loves it, didn't like the M&P C I bought for her. Go figure ... to each their own.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads