JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm tellin you,this has not seen action! I've seen quite a few,and this is the cleanest! I'd swear there should've been a box around this one. Pictures don't do justice. I'll try posting better ones!

But i'm saying,the action on this is as clean as a hounds tooth,seriously.

Your carbine was made in early 1944. Most USGI M1 Carbines went through one or more arsenal rebuilds after World War II. Sometimes the metal parts were refinished if necessary. That's one possible reason why it looks new.

Almost every small part was marked with a manufacturer's or subcontractor's marking. All of the parts except springs, pins, and screws should be marked with a letter "I" for Inland as one of the markings.

DSC02800.jpg
DSC02806.jpg
DSC02802.jpg
DSC02799.jpg
DSC02798.jpg
DSC02797.jpg

Thanks for the input,this is getting interesting. How does one find an expert on this machine?

I been talking to you haven't I? I'm 55 years old and gave my high school freshman english speach on how to field strip and clean an M1 carbine. I have been collecting them and studying them ever since.

You have a mix master carbine that went through multiple arsenal rebuilds after WWII and Korea and most likely spent time sitting in the Korean Armory until it was repatriated and the importer reparked it. Who put it in the reproduction stock I have no idea.

Your certainly welcome to get another opinion. Of course you already have that here and they all pretty much agree with me.

And there we have it. Fun shooter and conversation piece but not a collector grade weapon. I did a similar job on a WW2 SA Garand, looked and shot great but was a total rebuild

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top