JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$0
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
7.62x51mm
City
Marysville
State
Washington
Zip Code
  1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Haha they should be very familiar, I hope you like how she looks @ScottInPDX! Hope everything is good man!
And @USMC-03 I've always liked the m1as, but garands and AKs will have my heart forever. I had this whole plan to do an m1 Garand tanker, and couldn't butcher a really nice one, so I went with an m1a Socom instead. It's so much fun to handle, but I still shoot 30-06 way more. I'll be building a tanker in 30-06 out of a really beat up, and otherwise, destroyed, m1 Garand That I've since come across.

I love it. I don't think I've seen a SOCOM with a walnut stock before, and it looks great. I'd consider buying it back from you if I had the cash. I'm working on a 308 AR build, but I'll always have a soft spot for M1As and miss her a bit. =)

Haha they should be very familiar, I hope you like how she looks @ScottInPDX! Hope everything is good man!
And @USMC-03 I've always liked the m1as, but garands and AKs will have my heart forever. I had this whole plan to do an m1 Garand tanker, and couldn't butcher a really nice one, so I went with an m1a Socom instead. It's so much fun to handle, but I still shoot 30-06 way more. I'll be building a tanker in 30-06 out of a really beat up, and otherwise, destroyed, m1 Garand That I've since come across.

If you haven't done this before, make sure the Op Rod isn't Kinked and slides correctly...

Or you could do a Combo of a BM 59 shorty, just need some of the same parts, sorta, ala Italian versions....:eek:;):)

I love it. I don't think I've seen a SOCOM with a walnut stock before, and it looks great. I'd consider buying it back from you if I had the cash. I'm working on a 308 AR build, but I'll always have a soft spot for M1As and miss her a bit. =)
Thanks! I didn't either, but I figured the stock would fit any model m1a. And it sounded like a great idea, until I found out that the stocks are "mostly" inletted. Lol it took me about 6 hours, maybe more, of the most careful sanding and fitting and sanding and fitting and so on. Lol I'm comfortable with wood working, but I've never inletted a stock before, so this was a lot of careful sanding. it's perfectly fit now, but I'd certainly never do this again. And I recently built an AR pistol, in 556. I owned one about 5 or 6 years, and didn't like it, so I'm giving it another try.

If you haven't done this before, make sure the Op Rod isn't Kinked and slides correctly...

Or you could do a Combo of a BM 59 shorty, just need some of the same parts, sorta, ala Italian versions....:eek:;):)

Thanks for the pointer, I've seen some horror story post for those who don't bend the op rod correctly or such.
And I like he BM 59s, but I'd rather have the en bloc than mags

Thanks for the pointer, I've seen some horror story post for those who don't bend the op rod correctly or such.
And I like he BM 59s, but I'd rather have the en bloc than mags

The early BM 59 where they just shortened the bbl abt 1/2" for 7.62 NATO.
Still uses Enblocs, but Op Rod is straight.
They lowered the gas cyl chamber.

The buttstock is shortened also.

I have had a Walnut stock hoping to fall into a Bbl, gas cyl, and op rod..

These are fun to play with fer sure...

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.