Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M1a socom 2

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Iceberg, May 27, 2010.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

I just bought a like new Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM II on Gunbroker today, for a very reasonable price. My new rifle does not have the extended rail. Now I have to wait the week for them to ship it my FFL before I can play w/ my new rifle-et. If anyone has one, I would like to know what optics you are running?

2. Iceberg

It will be at Coctailer's place on Monday!

SOCOMII.jpg

SOCOMII2.jpg

3. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

I am saving up for Mark 4 Leupold..... I am closed to getting Mark 4 brand new. I have been searching for used one but seem like not available. Will keep you update.

4. mr11b

mr11b Portland, OR Member

Saving for the Leupold as well, I bought a Bushnell elite 3200 for the time being. Works great for now, congrats on the new purchase. Here's a pic of my set up.

SOCOM2.jpg

5. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

^^nothing like a sage stock, i had one with a troy chassis,
    IMAG0068.jpg
    buddy of mine having fun with it
    IMAG0053.jpg
    but sold it this year, anyways I had a real nice red dot on mine with a 3x magnifier, but you can't go wrong with a leupold mr/t mark 4, they're quite amazing and perfect for your m14.

6. Iceberg

Really cool stock, what brand is it?

7. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Hey Berg, I had one a couple years ago, when they first came out. I put an eotech on it. That was sweet. Also put a Leupold 2.5 power scout scope on it. That was fun too. Never tried any standard rifle scopes on it, because I wanted to keep the stripper clip feeder. The Vltor forearm screws into the side of the receiver so I couldn't use my SA mount for a riflescope. It's setup for scout/red-dot scopes. I ended up trading it off to a guy in Vancouver, because I couldn't get used to the fat rails all over the thing. I like a Boyds walnut stock better. Too much rail for me. Good job on getting a good deal.

8. mr11b

Berg it's a Sage EBR stock, got it from fulton armory.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/

When I got my mine, I sold the VLTOR rail for $350 on gunbroker towards the price of the stock. There is a lot of options, I'm sure you will find the one that works for you.

9. Iceberg

Ouch, I only paid $1200 for the rifle. $800+ for a stock system seems pretty steep even by M1A/AR15 Standards. I like your idea of selling off the rail; I think I will and change it over to a GI walnut stock w/ vented handguard.

10. rayd8

rayd8 Formerly Portland, now Alabama! Member

I think the Socom with a wood stock is really good looking.:thumbup:

11. mr11b

12. Iceberg

I picked it up yesterday; it sure is a pretty heavy little guy. I can't believe how small it looks next to my standard M1A.

13. mr11b

Perfect time, it's a great weekend for shooting!