JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a like new Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM II on Gunbroker today, for a very reasonable price. My new rifle does not have the extended rail. Now I have to wait the week for them to ship it my FFL before I can play w/ my new rifle-et. If anyone has one, I would like to know what optics you are running?

^^nothing like a sage stock, i had one with a troy chassis,
IMAG0068.jpg
buddy of mine having fun with it
IMAG0053.jpg
but sold it this year, anyways I had a real nice red dot on mine with a 3x magnifier, but you can't go wrong with a leupold mr/t mark 4, they're quite amazing and perfect for your m14.

Hey Berg, I had one a couple years ago, when they first came out. I put an eotech on it. That was sweet. Also put a Leupold 2.5 power scout scope on it. That was fun too. Never tried any standard rifle scopes on it, because I wanted to keep the stripper clip feeder. The Vltor forearm screws into the side of the receiver so I couldn't use my SA mount for a riflescope. It's setup for scout/red-dot scopes. I ended up trading it off to a guy in Vancouver, because I couldn't get used to the fat rails all over the thing. I like a Boyds walnut stock better. Too much rail for me. Good job on getting a good deal.

Berg it's a Sage EBR stock, got it from fulton armory.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/

When I got my mine, I sold the VLTOR rail for $350 on gunbroker towards the price of the stock. There is a lot of options, I'm sure you will find the one that works for you.

Ouch, I only paid $1200 for the rifle. $800+ for a stock system seems pretty steep even by M1A/AR15 Standards. I like your idea of selling off the rail; I think I will and change it over to a GI walnut stock w/ vented handguard.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top