JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
m1a accuracy with bedded stock vs chassis system. Does it make more sense to get the sage EBR stock for 750 for making an M1A more accurate, or can i achieve the same accuracy with a different stock but bedded for cheaper?

What is your intended goal? What do you consider accurate? Have you shot yours yet without any mods and were you happy or not?

Many find the stock guns more accurate the the shooter is. If you are going for competition then every little bit will help, but it comes with many costs.

What is your intended goal? What do you consider accurate? Have you shot yours yet without any mods and were you happy or not?

Many find the stock guns more accurate the the shooter is. If you are going for competition then every little bit will help, but it comes with many costs.
Well as crazy as it sounds i am wanting to try for 1k with the Loaded. I shot one with the EBR stock at 550 yards. all done up, hit the 6" gong every time. To me accurate out of a semi auto is 1 moa anything less is in my book pretty damn good.. the stock wood stock on the m1a just doesn't fit me very well so it will need to be swapped out.

You can achieve 1K yard hits with an M1A no problem, given you are using good glass and are a capable marksman. Before shelling out the cash on a Sage chassis, I would play around with the rifle in stock form....

For the most part it is said that the factory stocks are the lower tier in the accuracy capability department. Next step up is a USGI fiberglass then the chassis or custom stock set-up. This is coming from several other threads with more knowledgeable people than myself so ymmv.

For the most part it is said that the factory stocks are the lower tier in the accuracy capability department. Next step up is a USGI fiberglass then the chassis or custom stock set-up. This is coming from several other threads with more knowledgeable people than myself so ymmv.
I was thinking either a sage ebr. Or somthing from McMillan. But I dont know what would be better as far as accuracy goes

What is the problem with the rifle now? How accurate do you need. There is much info available on how to tune the M1a that may need to be done before a stock will make any difference. I used to have a stock M1a that would out shoot other fancy M1a target rifles.

I have shot my Loaded model out to 1000 yards and was able to hit a 24 by 24 inch steel plate using 14X Leupold and 168 grain ammo. I think I needed about 40 to 42 MOA dial up to shot 1000 yards from my 100 yard zero. Berger VLDs will do a little better out beyond 800 yards with about 6MOA Less verticle scope setting (dial up) as compared to Sierra Match Kings. My Loaded model is in a GI fiberglass stock and is NOT bedded. It normally shoots about 1.25 moa but that can increase with very small errors when you get out that far. There is lots of information on the M1A / M14 websites about accuracy and longer range shooting. Heavier bullets help (like 168 or so). Some guns don't shoot the 175s as well. Take a good long range shooting class if you can afford it. Good Luck and have fun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top