JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
OK, I am starting a new business and need to raise some capital; I am not a dealer, just a private party willing to sell to qualified individuals. I am in the Everett area for face to face transactions. These are nice rifles that I have had for a number of years and have shot on many occasions. Pictures are available, I just have not gotten them out and photographed them yet. I have not kept track of round counts so do not ask. I will sell these to out of state buyers if their FFL will accept from a non FFL. I do not have boxes ready to ship so these will have to be found and rifles protected properly for shipment and this could take a few days after payment so do not expect instant gratification. Best offer on all will get these rifles, but I will not respond to low ball offers, you know what I mean! Email to [email protected] as I am not on the board very often. Feedback on AR15.com under my username here for those that want some sort of reference, I am offering these here first, then off to other boards.

#1 Pre Ban (matters to some) Springfield Armory M1a, built into a super match, Not a double lugged receiver, McMillan USMC stock, stainless heavy barrel, all TRW parts, bedded, very accurate with iron sights, comes with 3rd gen scope mount and 1 20 rnd mag, more mags available to the buyer. $2,200

#2 DSA SA58 FAL carbine, DSA railed hand guard, Williams Arms railed top cover, 1 20 rnd mag, many more available to buyer, this is not the STG kit gun. $1,500

#3 AR15 Superior Arms lower, Rock river flat top upper, bolt, carrier, Rock river heavy under the hand guard M4 profile 16" barrel, 1/9 twist if I remember right,(Colt SOCOM Style), Knights M4 free float hand guard, PRI flip up front sight, Arms #40 flip up rear sight, AAC phantom suppressor mount flash hider, 1 30 rnd mag, many more available to buyer. $1,100

Thanks Jeff

I think super match refers to the barrel weight, not the receiver.

I need to clarify that the "super match" term I am referring to was what was used when I had my "match", and later "super match" rifles from springfield armory many years ago, prior to the rear lugged receivers even being in existence. For the true correct usage of the terminology for the rifles being sold today, I suppose I would be best served by going to Springfield Armory's web site. Certainly, that wouldn't account for other manufacturers and what they would call their rifles.

The seller here is being honest about what he is offering for sale by noting that it isn't a rear lugged receiver.

Supermatch in its correct term is actually a different action. M21 and Supermatch actions have a rear lug that requires the stock to have a cutout to fit said lug. Howeve if you use a stock like the JAE you don't need an extra lug because of how their frame connects to the action.

Maybe the seller upgraded the rifle otherwise to "like" a Supermatch which includes sights, barrel contour etc. He does say its not a "double lug" receiver. So its most likely a standard GI action with Supermatch accessories.

Derek

That is sort of what I thought...way back when there weren't any rear lugged receivers, there was National match (a standard weight barrel of higher quality), heavy match with an intermediate weight barrel, and super match was the heaviest barrel available.

Now there are more manufacturers of M1A/M14 type rifles and many more different designations...M21, Super Match, White Feather, National match, and on and on...

None of this is meant to disparage the rifle being offered for sale here..It would be a wonderful rifle to own, as prices for the M1A/M14's seem to be climbing steadily upwards.

Supermatch in its correct term is actually a different action. M21 and Supermatch actions have a rear lug that requires the stock to have a cutout to fit said lug. Howeve if you use a stock like the JAE you don't need an extra lug because of how their frame connects to the action.

Maybe the seller upgraded the rifle otherwise to "like" a Supermatch which includes sights, barrel contour etc. He does say its not a "double lug" receiver. So its most likely a standard GI action with Supermatch accessories.

Derek

Not necessarily, I have a 1986 Supermatch without rear lug that was built under contract for Springfield Armory by Glen Nelson down in Georgia. This info was verified by SA themselves. Best thing to do is call SA and have them look it up for you.

Glad to hear that Mr. Nelson is still building rifles. I always thought he was one of the top "go to" people for M1A's and Garand rifles.

Sorry to say, Glenn's been dead now a little over 3 years now. He passed away 02/17/2007. I'd have work done now by Hook Boutin if he's still active. Great guy to talk to.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.