1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

M1A Breakdown and Handguard Installation

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by slaying steel, Aug 12, 2014.

1. slaying steel

slaying steel Vancouver, WA Active Member

Hello! I recently purchased an M1A Scout and was wondering if any fellow members who are familiar with this platform would be willing to meet up with me to show me a proper breakdown. I recently ordered a new stock and hand guard and thought this would be a great chance to learn more about the rifle. I've watched several videos and read info on different forums but I feel learning is best done hands on. I also don't have all the proper tools to make this happen. I'm located in Gresham but I'm willing to travel within the Portland metro area. Let me know if you're interested and I truly appreciate your time!
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

How far are you wishing to disassemble? I'm in the Springdale area not far from Gresham so let me know what you would like to do. I think that I may be able to help. Tony Portland, Oregon Area email address netcarrier@yahoo.com