JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just got my very own M1917 bayo in the mail today, and noticed the scabbard isn't like most of the ones I see on The net... At first I was worried that it wasn't correct for my trench gun build, but I found out it is what they call a Maxim (yep same guy) first pattern scabbard, and they are kinda rare. Evidently they ditched them early on because the belt hanger proved too weak and a second pattern scabbard was designed, incorporating the wire belt hanger into the locket.

Are there any Bayonet gurus out there in NWFA land that can tell me how rare and valuable my new scabbard is?

Should I get a different scabbard for the Trenchgun now?...It seems the scabbard is more rare and fragile than the bayo it's meant to protect... IMG_4124.JPG IMG_4132.JPG IMG_4133.JPG IMG_4130.JPG IMG_4125.JPG

Nice find my man. I'm not a curator of old relics but that one is SO COOL!!!!:s0023: Definitely a worthy find.
IMHO I would place that bad boy on a mantle or in a shadow box with other time correct collectable items.;)
Look foe another one you would not care if it looks like bubblegumpty as long as it is functional....
Good luck with your cool build.;)

Very nice bayonet and scabbard...
If it were mine and my project...I'd keep that one for "show and tell" and find a newer improved pattern scabbard for actual use...100 plus year old leather might suffer from use ...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top