Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M1903 Springfield

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by iomatic, Feb 27, 2012.

1. iomatic

iomatic Portland Member

1917 LN serial, Rearsenaled at CSAA (stamped stock; barrel: '42). Non sporter, two cross bolt (S?) stock. Leaf sight, all intact.

$550

Shoots just fine. Will take pics for very serious buyer. FTF, license recorded.

2. iomatic

iomatic Portland Member

still up.

3. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

serial number and does the stock have finger grooves?

4. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

We need to see some photos. Is this a 1903 or 1903 A1.what is the serial#? Is this a scant stock or C stock?

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If the serial number relates to a 1917 production date it can NOT be a M1903A1 as they entered service in 1930. And almost all were sold to NRA members which would rule out the arsenal rebuild the stamp on the stock indicates.

Also if it is a 1917 production rifle it falls solidly in the LOW SERIAL NUMBER range that is recomended to not be fired due to the remote possibility of a brittle receiver. Any serial number under 800,000 falls into this group. 800K happened sometime in late Feb 1918 to Mar 1918.

My own Springfield is #779,XXX and falls inbetween Starting to use pyrometers to help correct the heat treating problems (around #750K) and the complete revamping of the heat treating process at 800K.

SO it is very important the serial number is known.

6. iomatic

iomatic Portland Member

Yes, it's a very low serial. Finger groove. I've shot it and it has not blown up. :)

I will get pics up when I get back.

7. iomatic

iomatic Portland Member

8. iomatic

iomatic Portland Member

Throwing in the 100ct. Greek ammo from CMP. Yeah, back from the past; this has been sitting around needing a good home!

9. skidynastar33

skidynastar33 seattle New Member

pms are full FYI
    but interested is it still up for sale?