JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I have one in jail. I am planning on lage uppers in .223 and 9mm. any issues with suppressors that are full auto rated causing jams or excessive back pressure? Also was there ever a reliable .22 upper that is attainable?

I ordered a bunch of zmags. Is there anything these prefer? 115, 124, 147? I usually make 147 grain subs for most purposes, but I am curious.

Also, assuming I take possession in a normal time frame, how hard is it to move states with these? Looking to move from OR to ID or MT.

I have an M11/9 and a Lage Mk2 upper and it runs like a sewing machine. ZMAGs are definitely good to go. I got a bundle of the Zytel mags with the gun and found them not very reliable to say the least. Regarding the Lage 5.56 upper I've heard nothing put good things, already owning 2 Colt M16 A1's, I didn't see the need to drop 3k on an upper but it is the cheapest route to FA 5.56. I still enjoy shooting the original M11/9 upper being that's ridiculously fast and useless it's still a blast to dump a mag and watch heads turn. Congrats on the M11/9.

I have an older CAC 9 Bowers suppressor made in Hillsboro, OR.
It's rather large, has a tenancy to work loose after every mag dump, but it's pretty quiet and easy to hold onto.
The large coarse threads on the Mac 11/nine barrel are the problem, so Bowers redesigned their newer version to prevent the loosening issue.
I looked into swapping out the original barrel for one that has both the 3/4x10 threads and also the smaller diameter 1/2x28 threads.

I have an older CAC 9 Bowers suppressor made in Hillsboro, OR.
It's rather large, has a tenancy to work loose after every mag dump, but it's pretty quiet and easy to hold onto.
The large coarse threads on the Mac 11/nine barrel are the problem, so Bowers redesigned their newer version to prevent the loosening issue.
I looked into swapping out the original barrel for one that has both the 3/4x10 threads and also the smaller diameter 1/2x28 threads.
I have a Bowers vers 50

So took it out, all 3 uppers. It was the most fun I have had with my pants on. The original upper while suppressed was frankly, a blast. Not real controllable. The old slowfire upper had some jams while wearing the suppressor. Without the suppressor it didn't jam. Also the speed difference with and without suppressor was rather notable. I did not try the OG upper without a suppressor.

The 223 upper heats up a suppressor rather rapidly even while doing short bursts. Without suppressor It was spitting a ton of fire.

No complaints with Lage on my m11.

I use a Bowers Versa9 on mines.

Screenshot_20190911-194135_Gallery.jpg

You'll have no issue moving to MT or ID w/NFA items, just submit the 5320.20 form a month or so prior to physically moving them.

Last Edited:
The Mk2 does well for me but I would call Lage themselves and they can help you on what to do or offer advice.
The Mk 1 is old. They don't have parts for it anymore, old. (I am having to fabricate a handguard for it.) It works wonderfully unsuppressed. No jams, runs like my sten only smoother. I am guessing unsuppressed we were probably in the 500-600 rpm. Some double feeds and probably 900+ with the suppressor.

But the max31 mk 2 email came in today. Ordered, so my Suomi drums will get a workout.

The Mk 1 is old. They don't have parts for it anymore, old. (I am having to fabricate a handguard for it.) It works wonderfully unsuppressed. No jams, runs like my sten only smoother. I am guessing unsuppressed we were probably in the 500-600 rpm. Some double feeds and probably 900+ with the suppressor.

But the max31 mk 2 email came in today. Ordered, so my Suomi drums will get a workout.
They are reproducing parts for the "legacy" uppers.....Max 11 handgards are on that list.
When you say MK 1......which upper ??

They are reproducing parts for the "legacy" uppers.....Max 11 handgards are on that list.
When you say MK 1......which upper ??
I was ecstatic to find that out, and they did it a couple of months after I asked about it. It was the original max11, that I got it for. I believe it was the one that was just called the slowfire. It does not really have any markings on it. I now have one and that upper is complete. I now have a nice selection of uppers for mine.

I picked up an xtra set of the gards years ago.
New version might be better plastic...idk.
BTW..they did make a 22 kit for the original max 11...but only that model not the mk II

Look for a calico upper.....they exist...just fairly rare.

By MK 1...you mean the og Max 11?...There is a 22 kit for those..Yes they are rare.
There is a guy working on a 22 kit for the 11/15.......its built from S&W 22/15 parts and bits.

Last Edited:
By MK 1...you mean the og Max 11?...There is a 22 kit for those..Yes they are rare.
There is a guy working on a 22 kit for the 11/15.......its built from S&W 22/16 parts and bits.
Yep, I have the og max 11 the mk 2k, max31, and the max11/15 I will keep trying for the .22 upper

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top