JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious if anyone on here has or has had one of the M11A1 or M11/380s? Just curious on thoughts/pinions or first hand experiences getting one of those running.
I debating on starting the Class 3 journey with one, specifically to run the CF-W 9mmA bolt to slow the cyclic rate a little.

Curious if anyone on here has or has had one of the M11A1 or M11/380s? Just curious on thoughts/pinions or first hand experiences getting one of those running.
I debating on starting the Class 3 journey with one, specifically to run the CF-W 9mmA bolt to slow the cyclic rate a little.

I had one years ago in FA, and it has a really High rate of fire and would empty a mag fast. I still have a early open bolt semi auto with the original metal mag.

I have one. Absolutely love it suppressed. Lage makes his max11 in both 380 and 9mm. Mine is a small magwell so I stuck with 380.

I don't have a slow tungsten bolt yet, but they are reported to be great.

I have one of the late (as in right before May 86) Macs in 9x19㎜. Shooting said is about as much fun as one can have whilst still clad in trousers. Had a Lage upper; super good idea, just not for me, so sold. Have purpose-built can coming in as soon as Los Federales approve said. Very tempted by some of the .380 ACP / 9㎜ Corto Mac-11s I see pop up from time to time.

OK, I am rambling. Want my most straight forward advice? Do it! Lots of rock'n'roll fun and you'll find very few investments increase in value so fast. I'm not joking about the latter. Godspeed, amigo. :s0155:

I have a SWD 11/nine with a Bowers suppressor and recently bought a CF-W 9mmA tungsten bolt to slow it down to a very controllable rpm.
I brought it to the last Trash No Lands shooting area cleanup on SW Wildcat Mountain Drive last month and everyone who shot it liked the new bolt rate of fire compared to the original 1.2 second rip snorter bolt. Ran perfectly with no issues.

Small magwell M11a1 380

20210803_120303.jpg

Cool, thanks for the responses. I recently got one of CF-W bolts as they were in stock for first time I'd seen.
I guess for now I'd have to find a gun for sale.
Anyone go through the trouble to get the large grip welded to an originally small grip gun? For better mag options.
Any wisdom on make: SWD, RPD etc?

And jbett98, I've been thinking of getting to one of the Trash No Lands events. I go to Wolf Creek, but should check out the Wildcat Mountain spot.

Yes people do convert the magwell from the small 380 to the normal M11A1/M11-9 magwell.

Its expensive but really doesn't hurt the overall value of the gun. They are about the same value regardless of options lately.

The M11/380 or M11A1 380 are a shorter frame than the M11/9 and a faster rate of fire. I have all the mac options and I like the small gun the best for weight and speed.

The m11/9 is by far more versatile though. So many more options for accessories and calibers.

I talked to the guy in Las Vegas that makes the Tungsten bolts and he said that my ate model SWD 11/nines were the best of the bunch as far as he was concerned.
I inherited mine, so I didn't have any prior input about them, but was glad to hear they were less problematic function wise and I haven't had to tweak anything other then replace the recoil buffer.

Last Edited:
It's all sheet steel and can be repaired very easily. I wouldn't worry about vintage unless you want to collect them all. Of my M11/9s I have some early and late ones and they both run fine. Welds do crack over time but are easily re welded and re parkerized.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top