JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've noticed that there seems to be a premium price on M107 Barretts. Besides coming with two magazines and a monopod for the back (and being marked as the milspec version) does anyone know the difference between that and the M82A1 that most folks buy in civilian life?

I wouldn't think so either. I'm just trying to understand why the difference in price. Maybe it's an exclusivity thing, but that seems kind of silly to me if so.

ya, i have been looking for the last 12 months, to buy a m82a1 or m107 there always seems to be about a $2,000 difference in price, but have never really seen a physical difference between the 2. other than the designation on the side of the reciever.

I've got a couple of inquiries out, but if there's no real discernable difference I'd go w/ the M82. If someone comes back and reports the difference to be like an HK91 vs. a PSG-1, then for 1K that's a deal.

I guess I finally answered my question by looking at Barrett's FAQ (smacks head.)

What is the difference between an M107 and a Model 82A1®?
Currently there are few differences. The M107 is issued with "spike feet" bipods and the 82A1® is issued with "smooth feet" bipods. The M107 is also issued with the monopod while the monopod is optional equipment on a Model 82A1®.

That plus exclusivity of a milspec model seems to be the difference in price. Yeah, I don't think I need spiked feet on a bipod, and if I do I'll pick one up on GunBroker.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top