Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M10 AK47s and 74s?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Mouse45, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Mouse45

Mouse45 Salisbury New Member

Has anyone had any experience with the M10 Model AKs? I believe they are Romanian, and have a better fit and finish them the standard WASR, sounds like it might be a good affordable AK. :huh:

[video=youtube;T03kod28sKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T03kod28sKI[/video]

2. Mouse45

Mouse45 Salisbury New Member

I was able to google some information and its looks like a quality rifle. Does anyone have any other info before I take the plunge?

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I do not like the LOOKS of that rifle. Looks a lot like the Swiss Army Knife style AR's that I hate so much. I like my AK's old school with wood furniture.

PinoyBoy and (deleted member) like this.
  4. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

Aim surplus sells the same. If i didnt just start making my ar i would consider this

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I hear they are good guns. Gotta love the slide fire stock

6. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Snohomish County, WA Member

I know almost nothing about any firearms, except for the 10/22, and was wondering, what kind of stock is that on the video? I've never seen anything like it before.

7. Ironbar

It's called a Slide Fire stock. Essentially it lets you "bump fire" your rifle. Do a youtube search for bump fire and you'll see immediately what it is. At any rate, a Slide Fire stock allows a person to emulate full auto firing without it being a full auto rifle. It's a great way to shoot lots of bullets down range without actually hitting anything, AND you get to pay the Slide Fire company about $250.00 for the privilege to do it! (Can you tell what I think of Slide Fire stocks?).

8. Blitzkrieg

It's a slide fire. It operates using the bump fire principle

[video=youtube;l0BgLk1i9yY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0BgLk1i9yY[/video]

9. Blitzkrieg

From what I have read it is very controllable for CQC. I want to try one ASAP and if I do I will post a review

10. Ironbar

If that was really the case, then why doesn't anyone post any videos of them actually shooting something with the Slide-Fire equipped rifle? You see the shooter, you see the rifle being fired, you never see what they're shooting at.

11. Blitzkrieg

I dunno but the AR15 has virtually no recoil so how hard is it to imagine? I see it of value if you are firing through a doorway or something else close up and it can be turned off with a switch