Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

M10 AK47s and 74s?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Mouse45, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Mouse45

Mouse45 Salisbury New Member

Has anyone had any experience with the M10 Model AKs? I believe they are Romanian, and have a better fit and finish them the standard WASR, sounds like it might be a good affordable AK. :huh:

[video=youtube;T03kod28sKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T03kod28sKI[/video]

2. Mouse45

Mouse45 Salisbury New Member

I was able to google some information and its looks like a quality rifle. Does anyone have any other info before I take the plunge?

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I do not like the LOOKS of that rifle. Looks a lot like the Swiss Army Knife style AR's that I hate so much. I like my AK's old school with wood furniture.

PinoyBoy and (deleted member) like this.
  4. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Aim surplus sells the same. If i didnt just start making my ar i would consider this

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I hear they are good guns. Gotta love the slide fire stock

6. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Snohomish County, WA Member

I know almost nothing about any firearms, except for the 10/22, and was wondering, what kind of stock is that on the video? I've never seen anything like it before.

7. Ironbar

It's called a Slide Fire stock. Essentially it lets you "bump fire" your rifle. Do a youtube search for bump fire and you'll see immediately what it is. At any rate, a Slide Fire stock allows a person to emulate full auto firing without it being a full auto rifle. It's a great way to shoot lots of bullets down range without actually hitting anything, AND you get to pay the Slide Fire company about $250.00 for the privilege to do it! (Can you tell what I think of Slide Fire stocks?).

8. Blitzkrieg

It's a slide fire. It operates using the bump fire principle

[video=youtube;l0BgLk1i9yY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0BgLk1i9yY[/video]

9. Blitzkrieg

From what I have read it is very controllable for CQC. I want to try one ASAP and if I do I will post a review

10. Ironbar

If that was really the case, then why doesn't anyone post any videos of them actually shooting something with the Slide-Fire equipped rifle? You see the shooter, you see the rifle being fired, you never see what they're shooting at.

11. Blitzkrieg

I dunno but the AR15 has virtually no recoil so how hard is it to imagine? I see it of value if you are firing through a doorway or something else close up and it can be turned off with a switch