JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am trying to tell if my type 2 rear sight is broken or if it is actually normal. I thought it was broken but started looking around for another one to purchase and noticed that some seem to look the same. The picture I have attached is one I found for sale.

The part in question is on the left side of the elevation slide looks like part of it is broken off in the "channel" that it rides in. Is it indeed broken or is that how it is supposed to be? I started noticing it because the sight has some play in it, can twist it some, and that's when I noticed the left side looks like part of it is broken.

Thank you for the help.

image.jpg

Ok, that is odd. Was that rear sight also used on M1 Carbines as well, "type 2" from what I have been able to figure out? That is the sight that is on the rear of my M1 Carbine and also have seen that one numerous other ones.

I guess if that is not the correct sight for the gun and/or is indeed broken where can I source one besides taking my chances buying from some random person on eBay?

Numrich has some parts. Looks like you have the old style sight from what I can see.
Free shipping when ordered online with the code of the day.
$11.85

410240.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews