JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Taking your M1 to a gun show and trading/ selling it to get the M14/M1A.
I would think that the cost of converting the M1 to .7.62 NATO and making it use a detachable box magazine not worth the cost.
If you like the looks of the M1 with a 20 round magazine, in the late 60's-mid 70's the Beretta M59 series rifle were imported, you might try to find one of those. Andy

you could do up a BM59, but by the time you're done you could have just gone and bought an m1a. Frankly a garand is a garand. You can make a 308 garand, but it will never be and M1A. My advice: either get both or sell the garand and get an M1A. I prefer the former over the latter option. Besides everyone should own and shoot an M1 garand. They are one of those guns that are timeless and are full of a special kind of awesome.

years ago, I asked this very question on another forum. I remember how dissapointed I was to have everyone tell to leave the poor Garand alone and just buy an M1a. Now, I can honestly say... I wish I had a couple of Garands ;) so, I think they gave me some good advice.

personally i think it would be a waste of time. but you would have to have a barrel machined to fit the garand profile.then you'd have adjusting the gas system. ive seen it done but its alot of work.

you do realize there is not a nickels worth of difference between 30-06 and 308 don't you they are near identical ballistics
40 fps diff in velocity and 43 ft lb energy so what would you accomplish?

There is sooo much more to this debate than just ballistics. M14 you get detachable mags that hold 20rds, the M1G mags a sweet ping noise after 8. With the M1G you get a kick @ss gun that comes with a man card. With the M14 you have to mail in your proof of purchase plus $4.95 s/h to receive one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top