1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

M1 Garand

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by M.Link, Oct 31, 2010.

1. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Is there some sort of detatchable mag you can put on a M1, in .30-06?
  2. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

You might try to find a Beretta M59, 62 etc. They did some conversions to 7.62x51 when NATO went that way, but AFAIK there aren't any M2 ('06) removable mag conversions.
  3. Celtic Armory

Celtic Armory Port Orchard, WA Member

Long answer : no.
  4. andy*

andy* Everson Wa Member

Springfield Armory in their quest for making the M14 rifle, did along the way covert a M1 so it could use BAR magazines. This was done in the late 40's- early 50's. How it was done I have no idea. I would think such a conversion now would not be worth it.
  5. Oohrah

Oohrah NorthwestSouthern Oregon Coast Member

The original M 14 with a detachable magazine was created by Berreta from an M 1 Garand. However the amount of modification costs would be prohibitive. A different trigger housing that I believe is longer to accept a removable magazine is the first to overcome, along with several other modifications to get it to work correctly. Take a look at Springfield's M1A1s.
    In fact buying one of those would be the way to go if you abolsolutely needed a magazine fed instead of an enblock 8 round clip!