JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hope this the place for the post.I have a M1 Garand,The date is 1944 It is a Springfield with a serial number of 499507.The only other numbers on it are 2SA644.Any help with production info.Thanks

Looks like the receiver was manufactured in February of 1942. The other parts are parts drawing numbers. There are a number of good books around if you want to find out if all the parts are correct for your gun. There should be a date on the barrel, visible when the op rod is locked back. A correct barrel would be an SA barrel with a date on or before 02/1944...
The stock should have several cartouches, including an ordnance stamp and inspectors initials.

To add on to MtnBear's info....

A lot of Garands were rebuild many many times, especially a 6 digit rifle like yours (early war). I wouldn't necessarily worry much about "correcting" the parts for your rifle. I would make sure all my parts meet spec, check my op rod spring, check my sights to make sure they are tight, check stock fit & trigger guard, and drag it out to the range.

If you are looking for a lot of specific garand info... jouster.com is a good one, as well as odcmp.com

HtH