JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im looking for a stripped M1 Garand receiver. I could have sworn that a guy on this forum had about 20 of them he was selling not too long ago. Does anyone remember his name or know of where one is?

Demilled M1 Garand receivers can and have been made to function properly. They are known as "Reweld" Garands and are kind of like buying a "Reconstructed" or "Rebuilt" used car. If done properly they can produce a good usable rifle but it all depends on who does the work and the quality of their craftsman ship. And it will always be a "Reweld". It is common practice to look for signs of welding on the receiver when purchasing a Garand.

I recall seeing a jig for sale once that holds the 2 halves of a demilled Garand receiver in proper alignment and at the proper distance from each other so the finished rewelded receiver has the proper dimensions. A rewelded receiver is never going to be as strong as a receiver that hasn't been cut and there are issues with having the rewelded receiver re-heat-treated properly to bring it to its proper hardness and relieve the stresses induced by welding.

I remember seeing the add on here for the receivers and thinking... yeah, build another Garand. Then I recall seeing "Demilled" and forgot about it. I am just going by memory here... and could be wrong.

Last Edited: