Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M1 Garand Import Petition

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by meener777, Sep 11, 2013.

1. meener777

meener777 King County Active Member

2. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I could be mistaken but I was pretty sure I saw a Syrian rebel using a Garand in some news footage. And yes, I know what one looks like having carried one for 16 weeks learning rifle drill and cleaning it more often than I are to remember. No firing pins so we never lot to shoot the beast. A real shame. Maybe a garland in Syria is ex Israeli or dates back to WW II?

Brutus out

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I did that with three of those "petitions", all got enough votes to get an answer. Basically all they said was "we're gong to do what we want anyway"!

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Defender of Freedom Award
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

4. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

5. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

done

6. wolfcreed

wolfcreed East County - Gresham Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thanks for the link. We'll never know unless we try.

7. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Okay. Let me start by saying that I find this executive order appalling, as I do most of this president's decisions. This is an infringement of our rights and I am opposed to it for that reason.

That being said, the Garands and carbines that would come back to this country are probably coming out of the far east. The barrels from the ones that have already been imported from this part of the world resemble sewer pipes, and the stocks little better than boat oars. On top the receivers are probably pitted from decades in a humid environment.

All that being said, I'd prefer to have the chance to see them and have the chance to decide if its a POS or not...

8. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Yep, Just a waste of time.

9. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Just there to make people feel like they are actually doing something.

10. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

Signed it for what it's worth. But this reminds me: ATF has 90-days from receiving the executive order to accept input from outside (i.e. includes citizens like you) before making the rules to carry out the executive order. I plan on writing then a letter with input of my own hitting the points: These are C&R rifles; not used in crime; to expensive for criminals anyways; probably less than stellar condition; Even Feinstein made exemptions for the M1 Garand in her latest AWB; these are/have been used as sporting firearms; These are no longer considered 'military grade' weapons in today's modern times; And, at worst, to comply with Pres Obobo's order, should be returned to the Army so the best examples can be turned over to the CMP.

Did I miss anything? Looking for positive input. :)