JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think so.
You might try to find a Beretta M59, 62 etc. They did some conversions to 7.62x51 when NATO went that way, but AFAIK there aren't any M2 ('06) removable mag conversions.

Springfield Armory in their quest for making the M14 rifle, did along the way covert a M1 so it could use BAR magazines. This was done in the late 40's- early 50's. How it was done I have no idea. I would think such a conversion now would not be worth it.
Andy

The original M 14 with a detachable magazine was created by Berreta from an M 1 Garand. However the amount of modification costs would be prohibitive. A different trigger housing that I believe is longer to accept a removable magazine is the first to overcome, along with several other modifications to get it to work correctly. Take a look at Springfield's M1A1s.
In fact buying one of those would be the way to go if you abolsolutely needed a magazine fed instead of an enblock 8 round clip!

Some of the short cartridge, 7.62x51mm, conversions are rather shady, they chopped and rewelded the op rod, et al. The mods I've seen over the years for box magazines of the long cartridge, 7.62x63mm, to be 'BAR-ish', were all one-offs.

Winchester experimented with this as well, most mag fed 30-06 are custom made unfortunately. However as others have said the bm59 (specifically the bm59-E) is the best you will get. I own a JRA bm59 and it is truly a fantastic rifle to fire, very comfortable easy recoil it is worth every penny. I have a jra m14 coming in as well i assume its also going to be nice JRA does a good job. You can get a bm59-e built off of a parts kit and reciever (the e varient looks the most like an m1 garand) the magazines are expensive but well built.
F668B775-D01F-43EE-9C62-71A8E1A8EDCA.jpeg 45BBA450-35F2-41A0-83AB-AC73FCB8CA12.jpeg 309FFCE8-22E6-40A8-AE58-1616B6F94823.jpeg
If you want a mag fed 30-06 pinch pennies and buy a bar:D 17AB95BD-3786-49DD-B611-74D177FC1EDC.jpeg

I think it's because he was banned a few years ago. He no call no showed on me when I was a new member, and I think he was banned shortly thereafter

Winchester experimented with this as well, most mag fed 30-06 are custom made unfortunately. However as others have said the bm59 (specifically the bm59-E) is the best you will get. I own a JRA bm59 and it is truly a fantastic rifle to fire, very comfortable easy recoil it is worth every penny. I have a jra m14 coming in as well i assume its also going to be nice JRA does a good job. You can get a bm59-e built off of a parts kit and reciever (the e varient looks the most like an m1 garand) the magazines are expensive but well built.
View attachment 404434 View attachment 404435 View attachment 404436
If you want a mag fed 30-06 pinch pennies and buy a bar:D View attachment 404437

I was hoping you would post this...That BM59 is mighty sweet....keeping my eye out for one

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top