JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
nothing wrong with a cmp special. i have one, it's fantastic.

brand new match grade barrel, brand new stock. shoots excellent. everyone who sees it notes how nice it is, and i haven't even oiled the stock yet.

The stock is something i'm curious about, how does it look when it comes? Very few pics/realistic pics on the CMP forums, you got any pics?

Also, what state are the internals in?

The stocks are hard to pin down. There is walnut or birch, and then all the different finishes. These stocks can be lighter, darker, orangish, glossy, or dull. The new stock, mostly looks "dry", and usually looks better after being treated. I haven't treated mine, just look at the forums, it's all posted there.

Internals are going to be dependent on who made them, and when. I have some Winchester trigger parts in one, that are super rough, and then late model Springfield which are gorgeous.

My CMP 'Special' I purchased last year. New stock, Criterion Barrel
and all other parts like new. I have never seen a M-1 in new
condition like these 'Specials'.
P1000069.JPG

The stock is something i'm curious about, how does it look when it comes? Very few pics/realistic pics on the CMP forums, you got any pics?

Also, what state are the internals in?

the stocks are fully finished but only very lightly stained. they come with a little cmp cartouche, which imo adds to the value. they are standard walnut stocks from boyd's.

the internals are pristine. CMP have some of the best gunsmiths in the business, they are obviously expert on the garands.

the condition of a cmp special is basically a brand new factory fresh rifle.

you will be hard pressed to find a semiauto 30-06 that is as cheap as a cmp special and that shoots as well.

the stocks are fully finished but only very lightly stained. they come with a little cmp cartouche, which imo adds to the value. they are standard walnut stocks from boyd's.

the internals are pristine. CMP have some of the best gunsmiths in the business, they are obviously expert on the garands.

the condition of a cmp special is basically a brand new factory fresh rifle.

you will be hard pressed to find a semiauto 30-06 that is as cheap as a cmp special and that shoots as well.

They are very squared away mechanically. Several people have remarked about the trigger on mine. To be fair, I should tell you that I put AeroShell Grease #6 on the sear and that seemed to smooth it out a bit - it's the grease that's in the little tube that comes with Geissele triggers. Well worth trying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top