JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i would like to repair a broken extractor on my m1 carbine and it looks like I need a special compression device for the bolt. They are like 50 bucks and would like to meet someone close and change out my extractor. I can pay you in Ammo or money. I should probably just buy the tool but figured I'd try here first

Sorry I didnt see this sooner. You dont actually need the special tool to take apart an M1 Carbine bolt. It's been years since I did it but I think I remember the process. The key is depressing the spring plunger under the extractor. It can be pried down using a small thin flat bladed screwdriver. While down, the extractor can be pried out a but to where the plunger no longer retains it. It can then be pried the rest of the way out. Keep a thumb over the bolt face while removing the extractor since the extractor spring and plunger as well as the ejector will try to launch as the extractor is removed. The firing pin will also be free to come out the back of the bolt but it's not spring loaded.
Reassembly is similar. Put the firing pin in place and put the ejector and spring in its hole. Depress it slightly below the end of the bolt. Put the stem of the ejector in just far enough that it retains the ejector. Then depress the extractor with the little screwdriver and press the extractor the rest of the way in and over the little spring plunger. As I recall, the extractor plunger has a small flat on on side that rests against the retaining lip on the extractor. Not too tough but it does help to have strong fingers.
Hope this isn't too late to help.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top