JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got my Underwood back from Shuff's Parkerizing in Michigan and couldn't be happier. Turnaround time was only 8 calendar days door-to-door and only $125!!! Washington State to Michigan and back... Holy Cow!!

It began as an early matching Underwood that Bubba got ahold of in the 1940's or 50's. Whomever had polished the park off and attempted to blue it. After years of neglect (sitting in a garage) it was rusting up pretty good.

I bought for cheap to rescue it and cleaned it up as best as I could but it really needed to be refinished. After much consideration I opted to have it zinc parkerized.

Here's some before and after shots.

(notice the ears were ground off the front site)
View attachment 183419

View attachment 183420

Back from Shuffs

View attachment 183422

View attachment 183424

View attachment 183426

View attachment 183413

View attachment 183415

View attachment 183418

View attachment 183421

View attachment 183423

Very nice restoration work. Nice to see one without the type 3 parts, and it's a round bolt to boot.

Work in progress, this one is not mine but what mine well look like when I get the last few bits.

pix237906272.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you going to be using a genuine M1A1 stock or using a new production one?
I would love to have an original myself, someday. I have a reproduction but it's a display item since I had it signed by Veteran Don Malarkey of the Band of Brothers.

Very nice restoration work. Nice to see one without the type 3 parts, and it's a round bolt to boot.

Work in progress, this one is not mine but what mine well look like when I get the last few bits.

pix237906272.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My stock is an older repro. It has a serial number stamped, correct park and leather but brass rivets. I've read that the Italian Army had some of the made. I know the price on originals has gotten obscene. I played with carbines back in the 70's then got away from them. Recently got back and I'm shocked at today's prices. I remember buying a nice rifle for $80 or less.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top