Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M1 - .30 Carbine

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by oregonrealtor, Feb 16, 2010.

1. oregonrealtor

oregonrealtor Keizer, OR New Member

Wanted: WWII era M1-.30 Carbine. The one I got from my dad was stolen in a burgurlry at my brother's house. Sure would like to repace it with one that shots as nice as it did. Private sale only please.

2. wgabel51

wgabel51 NE Portland Member

3. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I have got an Inland with correct early stock, flat bolt, push button safety. I also replaced the rear sight with an early flip sight reproducion as well as the barrel band without the bayonet lug. I was going to do a full restoration with authentic parts but those two pieces are really expensive nowadays. I've got 4 15rd mags and 2 30rd mags as well as the buttstock magazine pouch. That mag pouch was actually designed to go on the cartridge belt but fits just so perfectly on the stock. The mag pouch I have was my dad's who brought it back from WW2. I haven't fired it in years and then only at 50 yards but it would give 4-5 inch groups etc. PM me if you are interested.

M1Carbine-1.jpg

4. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I scored a receiver on a FTF sale and built my own for under $600.00. I don't care if it is a collector. I just wanted a shooter. I haven't even test fired it yet. If you don't care about collector value you can do the same.

5. oregonrealtor

I really appreciate all the info - great stuff. Keep it coming!

6. jonatha

jonatha hilllsboro oregon New Member

non import almost all Inland parts except stock( its the Springfield arms and its in great shape). no rust great rifling and 30 round clip.

IMG_10391.jpg

IMG_10371.jpg

7. oregonrealtor

Thanks for the input. I just connected with another seller and we just put a deal together. As soon as I can figure out how to delete this thread I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.