JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
FOR SALE/TRADE Its an Inland division of General motors, 1944 30 carbine, barrel is perfect, williams sights, serial is 6400xxxx. Ive did some research online and talked to a few gun shops to decide a value. Asking $525.00 obo or trades. Trades I would be most interested in would be ARs, handguns, bolt rifles but will listen to all offers. In Sweet Home area. Thank you

m1carbine.jpg

M1 carbine parts never match, the manner in which they were produced utilized a logistics board that moved excess parts from one maker to another that required them. Very, very few have not been refinished at one time or another. That being said, this one appears all right, can't really tell from the pictures. A replacement rear sight and a stock would put it back to correct, probably.

If you want to research there are a few definitive books out, one by Craig Reisch is invaluable. The M1 carbine was updated at the orginizational level constantly while others were built with the updates as they became required, it becomes tricky to figure out if a carbine is in an "as issued" or a "as manufactured" condition. When you start restoring one you have to figure out which way you want to go.

IIRC this should have (as manufactured incorporated all of the changes because of the manufacturing date of this particular gun)
3rd type barrel band
4th type bolt
3rd type rear sight
2nd type sear
3rd type action slide
3rd type trigger housing
3rd type hammer and sear
2nd type safety
2nd type recoil spring
Original stock was "low wood"
4 rivet handguard

I think I realize what you might have there.
In fact someone loved this rifle to fit it with a handle such as the one in the picture supplied.
Most often a weapon like this was cherished and admired and then shot or fired only to satisfy the owners confidence in the killing ability and accuracy at the range desired.
I would bet the barrel and action are tighter than the stock.
Strange but very - very - NICE
Silver Hand

Need Ammo?

I have 300 rounds for this type of gun that I got as part of a trade. They are reloads by some small company out by Creswell / Oakland / Eugene area, near there. This came together with AK 47 rounds reloaded by the same company. Those worked great. I have not popped any of the 30 cal because I don't have this type of gun. Let me now if you are interested. I am always looking to trade for 9mm, 22lr, 38 Special and 357.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.