JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445766116.815970.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445766126.600278.jpg
I've been using CLP for years on my Glock pistols. I've never had any issues with it not protecting the finish or working as a lubricant BUT I picked up some M-Pro7 Gun Oil LPX and it really impressed me! It left a really noticeable sheen to the Glock finish and it dried with absolutely zero grease
Impressive and I think I will continue to use it

I've not used the oil, but use their cleaner as it's excellent, i too stay away from using CLP's as their namesake.

I see it this way; a CLP with never be able to do all three jobs as well as something that just cleans and then the lube/protection. In our case with guns, we're lucky that the LP portion are nearly always one in the same, so we just split the job in two, and not three.

I am solidly using Seal1 or just Froglube for large external metal, like barrels or non moving parts etc. Both products have excellent barrier protection Vs many others and it's very friendly to use everywhere.

I've not used the oil, but use their cleaner as it's excellent, i too stay away from using CLP's as their namesake.

I see it this way; a CLP with never be able to do all three jobs as well as something that just cleans and then the lube/protection. In our case with guns, we're lucky that the LP portion are nearly always one in the same, so we just split the job in two, and not three.

I am solidly using Seal1 or just Froglube for large external metal, like barrels or non moving parts etc. Both products have excellent barrier protection Vs many others and it's very friendly to use everywhere.
I'm trying froglube next, except I might have to order it online because I can not seem to find it anywhere locally

I wouldn't buy FL now i've got Seal1 and wouldn't recommend you do either. FL is fine but can sometimes under certain circumstances, cause gumming problems, Seal1 is the same stuff, slightly different formula, one of the original FL creators made it.

And yes, Amazon is your best bet.

Oh, no hate, most stuff is fine tbh, but there are a few products that work particularly well, and i felt they were worth seeking out.

Old school guy here. I also love the smell of Hoppe's. Grew up with it and never issues at all. My lovely wife likes the smell of it too. Hey, its the best of both worlds. Been known in my far younger years to dab a bit of Hoppe's behind the ears just to impress the ladies. LOL Now I'm older and wonder back why I never seemed to get a second date with those ladies. Hmmm. Do you really suppose ...? Naw. o_O

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top