Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M-Pro-7 Gun Oil tried it?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Khalsa, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Khalsa

Khalsa Active Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445766116.815970.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445766126.600278.jpg
    I've been using CLP for years on my Glock pistols. I've never had any issues with it not protecting the finish or working as a lubricant BUT I picked up some M-Pro7 Gun Oil LPX and it really impressed me! It left a really noticeable sheen to the Glock finish and it dried with absolutely zero grease
    Impressive and I think I will continue to use it

2. ron

ron Vancouver, Washington Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I have been using this on my ARs and pistols for the last
    6 months. I too really like it better than CLP.

Khalsa likes this.
  3. Khalsa

Khalsa Active Member

Really good product [emoji108]

4. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I've not used the oil, but use their cleaner as it's excellent, i too stay away from using CLP's as their namesake.

I see it this way; a CLP with never be able to do all three jobs as well as something that just cleans and then the lube/protection. In our case with guns, we're lucky that the LP portion are nearly always one in the same, so we just split the job in two, and not three.

I am solidly using Seal1 or just Froglube for large external metal, like barrels or non moving parts etc. Both products have excellent barrier protection Vs many others and it's very friendly to use everywhere.

Khalsa likes this.
  5. Khalsa

Khalsa Active Member

I'm trying froglube next, except I might have to order it online because I can not seem to find it anywhere locally

6. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I wouldn't buy FL now i've got Seal1 and wouldn't recommend you do either. FL is fine but can sometimes under certain circumstances, cause gumming problems, Seal1 is the same stuff, slightly different formula, one of the original FL creators made it.

And yes, Amazon is your best bet.

Khalsa likes this.
  7. SIG383

SIG383 Graham, WA Well-Known Member

I've been using M-Pro 7 for around 7 years and love the stuff! Their copper remover also works great.

8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Breakfree haters gonna hate.

:D

9. F2CMaDMaXX

Oh, no hate, most stuff is fine tbh, but there are a few products that work particularly well, and i felt they were worth seeking out.

Stomper likes this.
  10. Stomper

LOL... You're English, hating is in your DNA... the President sad so. ;):D

(JUST KIDDING!!)

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  11. Stomper

.... of what? o_O

12. Stomper

Does it smell like butt, or something? BTW- Breakfree smells good enough to eat!

13. Pops1911

Pops1911 Cinebar/Issaquah Well-Known Member

Old school guy here. I also love the smell of Hoppe's. Grew up with it and never issues at all. My lovely wife likes the smell of it too. Hey, its the best of both worlds. Been known in my far younger years to dab a bit of Hoppe's behind the ears just to impress the ladies. LOL Now I'm older and wonder back why I never seemed to get a second date with those ladies. Hmmm. Do you really suppose ...? Naw. o_O

Stomper likes this.