JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a total AR newb but have been considering picking one up somewhere down the road. I noticed today at sportsmans that the m&p15 .223 is on sale for a little under 600 bucks and I was wondering how they stack up in the AR world, or what else I should be looking at in that price range. I don't ever see myself spending over 650 so I got a little excited when I saw a decent price tag for a 30 round AR. I was worried I was going to be stuck with a 10 round sks

Given your limit on how much you will spend on a AR15, they are decent plinker. <broken link removed> I have one for my kids to shoot in 5.45x39 and it does alright... I wouldn't trust my life to this rifle when I have more trustworthy firearms.

My friend has a mp15 sporter version. I like it since it does not have the dust cover and forward assist. Trigger was ok to me. I did not notice much creep. Honestly s&w is good and it works well. Your other options at this price point are frankenstein homemade ar, bushmaster carbon, or a used stag/spike. If you like it then buy it. Or else you'll get caught up and next thing you know you're way pass your budget