JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys,

I met a guy at the range and after talking for a bit i mentioned i was looking to build an AR. He told me he has a stripped upper assembly, with only about 500 rounds through it, he isn't using and would sell me. Its from a M&P15 sport so it doesn't have a dust cover or forward assist but from my understanding its a pretty decent barrel? It also comes with a quad rail and a detachable carry handle.

He told me to get back to him if i want it, but this is my first AR build and i'm not very knowledgeable on prices. I'm just wondering what you guys would value it at? I'm very interested and excited to start my build but i dont want to overpay:huh:

Any advice or price estimates are GREATLY appreciated.

No one has any opinions? $300, $500? Just looking for a general price range so I don't get ripped off guys. I tried researching it but I only found prices for complete uppers.

So it is a stripped upper or a complete upper?

Stripped upper;

138383.jpg

Complete upper;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBtXa13YNnRJZedmYp5-8V_pmx31LjnW7vNgmsb0bO8HFM_R6X.jpg

It's a complete upper without a bcg or charging handle... It has a barrel, flash hider, quad rail, removable carry handle, and the stripped flattop upper itself. So I guess its a stripped complete upper? Sorry for the improper terminology, I'm pretty new to the AR platform.

Stripped = No parts on it. It can not be stripped and complete at the same time........ You are saying you have an empty glass that is full of water.

It sounds like you are looking at an complete upper with no BCG/handle.

Not sure on current price but in prior to panic pricing my guess would be about $300-400.

It sounds like you are looking at an complete upper with no BCG/handle.

Not sure on current price but in prior to panic pricing my guess would be about $300-400.

That is exactly right, a complete upper minus a bcg or charging handle. He said I could have it for $380 and it does have the removable carry handle and quad rail so it sounds like a pretty good deal. I was Looking to have a dust cover and forward assist on my rifle but it looks like I can buy an actual stripped upper with those options down the line.

Thanks for your opinions guys and I appologize for the mix up on stripped vs complete. I was under the impression if it didn't have a bcg or handle it was considered stripped for some reason.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top