JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got an M&P Shield 9 and am considering some upgrades. I.E. Apex trigger, slide work etc. etc. Looking for some ideas so, if you have done any upgrades/modifications to your M&P Shields, post up some pics.:)

My wife has an apex in her m&p 2.0 but I took a chance on something a little cheaper. A hyve trigger and its amazing! Night and day difference between it and the stock trigger. I'd say it's pretty dang close if not on par with the apex. Dont get the extended mag release from them tho. It doesn't work. I started a thread on that a while ago though. Here's my shield.

20190617_154637.jpg

My wife has an apex in her m&p 2.0 but I took a chance on something a little cheaper. A hyve trigger and its amazing! Night and day difference between it and the stock trigger. I'd say it's pretty dang close if not on par with the apex. Dont get the extended mag release from them tho. It doesn't work. I started a thread on that a while ago though. Here's my shield.

View attachment 604629
That is a very nice looking Shield! Thanks Shawn.

I'm seriously looking at the Shield 9 is it worth the extra $80-$100 togethers the 2.0 over the original.
I'd say no. I know they supposedly have a better trigger but my wife's 2.0 full size m&p had the worst trigger of any gun we've ever bought. And if you really want the aggressive texture grip you can get that with grip tape. I put a hyve trigger in my first gen shield and it's amazing now.

I'm sure the trigger upgrades to a shield are nice but I never thought the shield had a bad trigger for conceal carry. It's no 1911 but I prefer it that way because it's a self defense gun not competition. Maybe the several 1000 rounds iv put through it has smoothed the trigger out?

What I did to mine was add a CT laser, TFO night sights, grip tape, and gave it a nice custom paint job. The attached picture is from my Gf holding it during a recent range visit. Great gun and can't recommend enough upgrading the crap sights it comes with.

1588692497494.png

Shield 1.0 in .40S&W
Wise Lite Arms slide milling "Aegis" cut
Wise Lite Arms slide "Tungsten" cerakote
Viridian R5
Apex Flat-Faced Action Enhancement Trigger & Duty/Carry Kit
Trijicon HD Night sights w/Orange front
Safety Solutions Academy "Plan B" Magazine Extension Sleeve & Base Pad
Talon grips
82nd ABN rear slide cover
Barrel tip polished by Tom Veff
1589898274771.png

Shield 1.0 in .40S&W
Viridian R5
Talon grips
View attachment 698660

and I thought that mine was tricked out! I'm going to have to look into those magazines.

Shield 1.0 in .40S&W
Viridian R5
Talon grips
View attachment 698660
I would imagine that porting on the slide really helps mitigate the recoil. That look fabulous.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top