JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked mine up today and put about 100 rounds through it. Nice little carry 9mm.
The safety is really easy to disengage but a little stiff to engage so in my opintion it is fine since it is so easy to disengage.
For the money it is a very nice piece.

I bought mine at Mary's in Tacoma, first time going there. They are a little small but very good people with great prices and a ton of handguns. It cost me $399 plus tax.
If your pants are sagging they tell you before you walk in that it is unacceptable and they will not allow any hood rats in there gun shop. Good for them!
c74eaa2a.jpg
d1cb5053.jpg

What are the mags like. The only thing i don't like about my Kahr CW9 is how the rounds pop out of the mags when carrying in a pocket.

What are the mags like. The only thing i don't like about my Kahr CW9 is how the rounds pop out of the mags when carrying in a pocket.

Kahr uses very slick materials in their mags, I've had rounds just about fall out too. The Shield mags look like they would not have that issue more than likely.

Best way to prevent it is to put the mag in a holster of some type. I've made just simple pocket sheaths that mags go in.

GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=SVimg-CM9093.jpg

KAHR CM9 = $50 cheaper than the M&P

KAHR > S&W semi-auto

KAHR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taurus costs less than Kahr, so therefor based on your logic Taurus must be the best.....:s0155:

Kahr makes a good gun, but obviously not everyone loves them as much as you.

GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=SVimg-CM9093.jpg

KAHR CM9 = $50 cheaper than the M&P

KAHR > S&W semi-auto

KAHR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alot of ppl don't like the Cm9 Kahr. There reliability is questionable to some ppl. The Shield accept 2 more rounds. But that doesn't matter it's a M&P Shield thread.

I owned a Kahr cw45. Hated it. My buddy had a PM9 which wasn't so bad...

I didnt realize the shield was a single stack, interesting. I've been intrigued by the single stack 9mms coming out lately, namely the latest Sig. Might have to check out this shield...

I owned a Kahr cw45. Hated it. My buddy had a PM9 which wasn't so bad...

I didnt realize the shield was a single stack, interesting. I've been intrigued by the single stack 9mms coming out lately, namely the latest Sig. Might have to check out this shield...

The Sig P938 will be a neat gun, just not sure if I'm willing to drop $650 plus 8.4% sales tax on one.

never been excited about S&W semi-autos.....prefer Springfield XDMs if I'm going for a poly but i'd like to shoot a Shield side by side with an XD to see how they compare...

I do like the XDm line myself, I have had one in the past but I did find for conceal carry they were just too heavy. S&W, in my opinion make a great semi-auto in the M&P line. They fit the hand well, low recoil, very reliable, lightweight, go bang everytime you pull the trigger and best of all they are made here in the USA.
Before you decide on the XDm over the M&P take the 2 completly apart side by side and compare the amount of parts and ease of dissasembly. I don't mean field strip either, take it all out.

It's frustrating to see a right-handed safety that I couldn't possibly use. But I carry in a holster anyway, so I could just skip it - and then it's basically a Glock.

Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, it's a hoot to see that trigger safety, the low bore axis, the twin recoil spring - it looks like a baby Glock 36.

It's frustrating to see a right-handed safety that I couldn't possibly use. But I carry in a holster anyway, so I could just skip it - and then it's basically a Glock.

Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, it's a hoot to see that trigger safety, the low bore axis, the twin recoil spring - it looks like a baby Glock 36.

Last I checked Glock doesn't make a gun this small, the 36 is way bigger and a .45.
I am sure everyone thanks Glock for coming out with such a great design, it only allowed companys like Springfield and Smith & Wesson to improve on the Glock design.

I just had to have one. Already ordered a holster and can't wait as I love my other M&P's!

FYI, lots of guys asking way too much for these pistols, gunbroker.com is full of price gougers.

Found the best deal on gunbroker.com from backwoodsguns.com, he still has about 7 left as of now if anyone is looking. Real nice guy to talk with too.

Semi Auto Pistols for Sale - Buy Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Hope that helps a few that are looking for one.

Jasonk

Last I checked Glock doesn't make a gun this small, the 36 is way bigger and a .45.
I am sure everyone thanks Glock for coming out with such a great design, it only allowed companys like Springfield and Smith & Wesson to improve on the Glock design.

The G36 is "way bigger" than the .40Shield?
Like 20.1 oz versus 19.0 oz?
Like 4.76" high versus 4.60"?
Like 6.97" long versus 6.10"?
Like 1.10" thick versus 0.95"?
<broken link removed>
Glock 36 | GLOCK USA

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class