JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like they have a winner on their hands. About the same size as a Kahr P9. As long as it performs reliably for the new owners, they are going to sell a lot of these. Seems like a lot of gun for an MSRP of $449.

I hope it does well. I love my M&P9c I've been carrying since last year. If the SHEILD's ergonomics stay true to the original, these ought to sell like hotcakes! Unfortunately, it's not in my budget this year :( but it's certainly appealing to existing M&P owners.

Edit: check out the commercial, too:

On gunbroker, Tanner Sporting Supply has them for 399, 20 shipping...he has 4...I've bought from him before...he's very good. It will show up as being in Jamison, PA.

Update: looks like all of his have sold already!

Just got back from shooting my M&P Shield and M&P 45c, all I can say is i'm now in love with both of these guns.

The Shield shoots like a much bigger gun than it is, very accurate and controllable. I very rarely shoot with my weak hand and I had no problems at all shooting the Shield, not quite as accurate with my left hand though.

And the 45c shot a nice little group point of aim.

M&P Shield

IMG_9994.jpg
IMG_9995.jpg

My growing M&P collection:winkkiss:

IMG_9999.jpg
IMG_9998.jpg

stmcelroy- Nice collection of M & P's. Congratulations on the new additions. Quick question for you- How easy is it to manipulate the safety. It looks pretty small. Any issues there?

The safety is really stiff, so it should stay off if not engaged.

I'm going to pull the sear block out to see if it can be removed totally like the full size M&P's.

Yeah, the P238 is tiny- and thinner than nearly anything out there

By spec the Shield is only larger in length and weight
Look at the published specs side by side: Model data has - between each
M&P Shield - Sig 938 - Sig 238

Caliber 9mm or 40- 9mm - 380
Barrel Length: 3.1"- 3" - 2.7"
Length: 6.1" - 5.9" - 5.5"
Frame Width: .95" - 1.1"- 1.1"
Overall Height: 4.6" - 3.9" - 3.9"
Weight: no Mag 19 oz - 16oz - 15.2"
Frame Material: Polymer - SS - Alloy
Barrel-Slide Finish:Black Melonite - SS - SS