JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will be eventually getting into both idpa and uspsa granted that I enjoy both of them and not one over the other. I decided to get a CZ. It just seems like anyone who gets one loves it. I'm hoping it will be the same for me.

I secured the spot I should have the gun end of next week I'll post some pics then. It's just a stock not one that's all spiffy yet. I think that's how ours works down here. It will definitely be easier to do Saturday's for me.

We have to have a photo!

I've stayed with USPSA because the only local IDPA is on Sundays. I prefer Saturdays, which up here means USPSA. I also really like the higher round count.

@njames

On the IDPA forum (http://idpaforum.yuku.com/ - or, link off the main IDPA web page)

There is an equipment discussion.

Someone is running one of those Unicorns.

And there is a bunch of questions about half-c0cked starting, which models for which divisions, etc. Worth a look.

CZ seems to be extremely popular - recently. Glocks dominate in terms of numbers.

I run a Smith, Shield.

I don't shoot USPSA, nor Police Practical, nor, 3-gun, nor NRA National Action Pistol, nor ....

I'm still new (started in August) and shoot an XDM in USPSA. I've been following your thread as I'm considering moving to either a CZ or go major factor with a 1911. The CZ's get a lot of love due to being all metal. Glock also runs their own competitions a couple times a year. Either way, the best advice I got was to just get out there and start competing. When you get some matches under your belt, you'll have an idea of what kind of gear works best for you.

Mcfoto you don't have to shoot 40 to get major. You can pep up a 9 and get major. Also if your shooting production/CO it doesn't matter if you major or minor its scored the same.

Yep that's where I'm at just get out there and do it! I feel like once you cross over to the Cz world you never come back and rarely tell people how good it is hahaha.

I'm still new (started in August) and shoot an XDM in USPSA. I've been following your thread as I'm considering moving to either a CZ or go major factor with a 1911. The CZ's get a lot of love due to being all metal. Glock also runs their own competitions a couple times a year. Either way, the best advice I got was to just get out there and start competing. When you get some matches under your belt, you'll have an idea of what kind of gear works best for you.

I appreciate the info ! I got the decocker so I'm good to go! I can't wait to see if the Cz lives up to what they say.

@njames

On the IDPA forum (http://idpaforum.yuku.com/ - or, link off the main IDPA web page)

There is an equipment discussion.

Someone is running one of those Unicorns.

And there is a bunch of questions about half-c0cked starting, which models for which divisions, etc. Worth a look.

CZ seems to be extremely popular - recently. Glocks dominate in terms of numbers.

I run a Smith, Shield.

I don't shoot USPSA, nor Police Practical, nor, 3-gun, nor NRA National Action Pistol, nor ....

I shot a Glock match last year. If you actually compete in USPSA or even IDPA, GSSF matches are a major snoozer! Totally not worth the time or money unless you can win a division because you're so good.

I must disagree.

You can win a gun.

You don't have to shoot and you can win a gun.

Those are better odds than the Oregon Megabucks! Or any state run lottery.

I must disagree.

You can win a gun.

You don't have to shoot and you can win a gun.

Those are better odds than the Oregon Megabucks! Or any state run lottery.

This was my point in mentioning Glocks. Never mind the whole polymer/ striker fire argument, part of their popularity is their outreach to the end customer. The rep comes and does a presentation at our club once a year. I believe they also have a "frequent flyer" program where so many purchases gets you major discounts on future upgrades. The OP mentioned Glock in his original consideration so I'm throwing out the pros and cons.

I'm an annual member of GSSF, even though I'll probably never go to a match again. For $25 bucks, I get a coupon basically worth $100 every year. I can get a blue label Gen4 Glock 26/19/17/etc. for $425. Hard to beat...but totally off the subject at hand.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top