JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a used M&P9C that looks in almost perfect shape....owner says he purchased last November but date code and serial indicate a May/June 08' born on date...new "old" stock??

1) I have heard earlier M&P's like this should have the striker replaced with the newer "silver" assembly found in post-2010 M&P's. Is this true?

2) The take town lever - it does NOT have the little tab on it when you remove it like newer models. It twists up and the comes out. I have also found that once the slide is reattached after cleaning and held in place by the slide stop...and I gently release the slide (not under power but controlled) the take down lever "snaps" into the up position...Is this supposed to happen? On my Shield I had to rotate the lever back...

3) The trigger is VERY smooth....

4) It does NOT have the yellow sear level newer M&P's have. I simply lock slide back, rotate take down lever, pull trigger (like a Glock) and remove slide

Seems to be in 98 or 99% cosmetic/wear categories....Did I find an old M&P in really good shape? Any input would be appreciated....

Correct, it sounds like an early Mellonite striker assembly. I have heard of them being brittle.some people have had them brake and others have not. M&ps seem to have had a lot of slight design changes year by year. I personally try to stick with 2010 and up. However m&p aftermarket support sucks so I dumped them.If it is striker fired for me its going be a glock.Just my 2 cents.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top