Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M&P 9 question

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by tallshipsgo, Dec 10, 2009.

1. tallshipsgo

tallshipsgo Springfield OR Well-Known Member

Hey All,

I started breaking in my new M&P 9 last week and something kinda bugged me. Generally I really like the pistol (thinking about getting the M&P 45 now as well) – but – one thing kind of bothered me while using it. When inserting a full magazine with the pistol at slide lock the slide slammed forward when the magazine was fully inserted without my having intentionally released it. I find this bothersome and I’m wondering if any of you M&P pistol owners have had the same experience. Didn’t matter which magazine I was using by the way.

Has anyone else experienced this with M&P’s and if so what, if anything, did you do to correct the issue?

Thanks!

2. yeos

yeos Seattle Member

The guys over at the mp pistol forum have seem this happen normally as well. It doesn't happen with my M&P 9c though, but I would see it as a good thing.

3. RallyJR

RallyJR Milwaukie, OR Member

My buddies .40 M&P does that too, as does my .40 Sigma...I was always under the impression that it was supposed to do that.

4. tallshipsgo

tallshipsgo Springfield OR Well-Known Member

I just assumed they weren't and that's why it bothered me. Seems to be a common thing and I have yet to hear S&W doing any recalls - I'm going to assume that it's a design thing and not worry about it I guess. Still love the pistol though.

Thanks guys.

5. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Does not occur with my M/P .40c
    Interesting issue.