JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey All,

I started breaking in my new M&P 9 last week and something kinda bugged me. Generally I really like the pistol (thinking about getting the M&P 45 now as well) – but – one thing kind of bothered me while using it. When inserting a full magazine with the pistol at slide lock the slide slammed forward when the magazine was fully inserted without my having intentionally released it. I find this bothersome and I’m wondering if any of you M&P pistol owners have had the same experience. Didn’t matter which magazine I was using by the way.

Has anyone else experienced this with M&P’s and if so what, if anything, did you do to correct the issue?

Thanks!

The guys over at the mp pistol forum have seem this happen normally as well. It doesn't happen with my M&P 9c though, but I would see it as a good thing.

I just assumed they weren't and that's why it bothered me. Seems to be a common thing and I have yet to hear S&W doing any recalls - I'm going to assume that it's a design thing and not worry about it I guess. Still love the pistol though.

Thanks guys.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads