JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Interesting gun for people with limited hand strength. Single Action trigger?
And a grip safety. Opinions or experience with this model?:rolleyes:
78a2acd79f711f8723ad1eb0b72de213.jpg
Smith & Wesson M&P380 Shield EZ 2.0 No Thumb Safety - $318.99 shipped after code "M2S"

M&P®380 SHIELD™ EZ™ CONSUMER ADVISORY
Like any firearm, the function of the M&P®380 Shield™ EZ™ Manual Thumb Safety pistol can be influenced by the type and quality of ammunition used with the pistol. In the case of the M&P 380 Shield EZ Manual Thumb Safety, we have found that in very rare circumstances, ammunition that produces a high level of felt recoil can cause the manual safety to move from the fire to the "safety on" position during firing. Should this occur, you will not be able to fire the next round unless and until the manual safety is reset to the fire position.

At Smith & Wesson, we are committed to designing and producing firearms that meet the highest quality and performance standards. To ensure that every Smith & Wesson handgun meets our standards for reliability and performance, as of April 4, 2018, we have engineered the manual safety so that it will be less susceptible to the influence of ammunition weight, velocity and loads. Any M&P 380 Shield EZ Manual Thumb Safety pistol produced before April 4, is eligible for a no-cost upgrade. To determine if this consumer advisory applies to your pistol, please utilize our serial number verification tool.

M&P®380 SHIELD™ EZ™ Consumer Advisory | Smith & Wesson

I have one. VERY easy to rack, easy to load and good build quality. I got mine so I could take my dad to the range. His arthritis won't let him manipulate any semi-autos anymore, but this one he can operate fine!

M&P®380 SHIELD™ EZ™ CONSUMER ADVISORY
Like any firearm, the function of the M&P®380 Shield™ EZ™ Manual Thumb Safety pistol can be influenced by the type and quality of ammunition used with the pistol. In the case of the M&P 380 Shield EZ Manual Thumb Safety, we have found that in very rare circumstances, ammunition that produces a high level of felt recoil can cause the manual safety to move from the fire to the "safety on" position during firing. Should this occur, you will not be able to fire the next round unless and until the manual safety is reset to the fire position.

At Smith & Wesson, we are committed to designing and producing firearms that meet the highest quality and performance standards. To ensure that every Smith & Wesson handgun meets our standards for reliability and performance, as of April 4, 2018, we have engineered the manual safety so that it will be less susceptible to the influence of ammunition weight, velocity and loads. Any M&P 380 Shield EZ Manual Thumb Safety pistol produced before April 4, is eligible for a no-cost upgrade. To determine if this consumer advisory applies to your pistol, please utilize our serial number verification tool.

M&P®380 SHIELD™ EZ™ Consumer Advisory | Smith & Wesson

Mine doesn't have a thumb safety, but thanks for posting the recall.

The trigger is really nice and crisp for a striker fire too!

Edit: Which it's NOT! :D

Last Edited:
I have one. VERY easy to rack, easy to load and good build quality. I got mine so I could take my dad to the range. His arthritis won't let him manipulate any semi-autos anymore, but this one he can operate fine!

then I recommend you and others who have to deal with physical disability(ies) while facilitating their firearms to investigate this wonderful aid:

Safest way to rack your pistols Handi-Racker allegedly at cabelas!

two choices and the small frame, e.g., S&W shield models, take the compact bright green unit.

I don't have any problems operating slides or otherwise. It's my dad that does.

And the rest of my handguns are Glocks.

I don't have any problems operating slides or otherwise. It's my dad that does.

And the rest of my handguns are Glocks.

Let's see, you bought a shield so your dad could use it at the range cuz he has a physical disability...

One might presume, since you spent $$$ for a shield you might spend $20 more for an aid to assist him further, or to be able to rack other pistols, but i might be wrong with that premise!

Let's see, you bought a shield so your dad could use it at the range cuz he has a physical disability...

One might presume, since you spent $$$ for a shield you might spend $20 more for an aid to assist him further, or to be able to rack other pistols, but i might be wrong with that premise!

He can operate the slide on the EZ, as I already stated.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top