JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

My Sparrow is roughly halfway through it's time in NFA purgatory and it's time to start thinking about hosts. I already have a Walther P22 and a 22/45 Lite that I'm not completely sold on, but I'm considering picking up an M&P 22 as well. Any thoughts? Will the sights clear the suppressor? I haven't laid hands on one yet, does it have the barrel nut like the P22 that allows for a threaded adapter?

Yes it has the same adapter as the p22. It works great as a Sparrow host, but it does get dirty real fast. That isn't a problem because of how easy it is to disassemble and clean the MP22. I have a set of aftermarket sights on mine that clear, but I don't know if the stock ones do, sorry. Great pistol!

As long as you do NOT buy the CA version you can unscrew a 1/2"or so barrel cap at the end of the barrel with the little tiny wrench they supply. When you look at the barrel (slide locked back), you can see the very fine line where the cap thingy is.

You will also have to use an adapter that then goes over the now exposed barrel threads, this is what the Sparrow will actually attach to. You buy this adaptor from your Class 3 dealer or directly from Silencerco, Gem-Tech, or other suppressor manufacturers.

The sights "clear" the Sparrow for me, I shoot with both eyes open and the very slight obstruction is easily "seen through" for me. Others it will drive them nuts and they want high sights, especially those that shot with only one eye open.

As a bonus the barrel is so short that you can shoot high-velocity .22 ammo and it will should stay sub-sonic, so no need to buy expensive sub-sonic ammo. I use CCI Standard velocity ammo, and it works great.

I have had one for about a year now. Like it much better then my P22. I actually used the adapter off my P22. Only problem I had when I bought mine was finding mags, not sure if that has changed. I ended up finding 5 for mine though at non inflated prices.

I shoot have Gemtech Outback 2 cans and they fit just fine and have no problems with the stock sites clearing. One of the reasons I chose the Outback is its small size and very low weight since I knew I would be using it on pistols. I have shot a few hundred rounds out of mine and have not cleaned the gun yet or had any issues. I am using Federal Bulk pack.

I have both a M&P 22 and a SS Sparrow:

HUG01sv.jpg

Sight image:

JaH567o.jpg

Thread adaptor. Definitely get the Silencerco adaptor so you get the o-ring engagement. The P22 adaptor fits the M&P 22

3HRKLmW.jpg

The M&P 22 is quite reliable and fun to shoot.

Just fyi the m&p 22 is made by walther. I was a little disappointed in that but it has worked great. I have a sparrow paid for waiting on vip , super top secret clearance, classified level govw papers to clear.

I wonder if you could get an m&p22 to work with a liberty mystic...

Answer is yes. Bigger, more cumbersome, but yes - and 90% as quiet.

The pistol I like to use a Mystic on that is 'odd' is a 5.7. Manageable and really knocks the sound down. A Sparrow barely does although it is rated for 5.7 -the Sparrow is overwhelmed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top