JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 1911 doesn't throw brass like this one lol. I was bouncing brass off my buddy's today!
I've had four 10mm handguns.

1. Colt Delta Elite, mega brass thrower

2. Another Colt Delta Elite, mega brass thrower

3. Ruger SR1911, mega brass thrower

4. Smith & Wesson Model 610, problem solved.

Oh, almost forgot, I had a 10mm barrel for a T/C Contender. As a single shot, it didn't present much problem with empties.

I really like the 10mm cartridge. I don't have them anymore, when I decided to scale back, something just had to go, I couldn't keep it all and still achieve a goal. I admire the versatility of the cartridge. You can load it up or down. There are many bullet choices as to design and weight.

One I wanted to try and never bought, the EAA / Tanfoglio Witless. It looked like a decent gun, and as a design clone of the CZ75 it wasn't an unknown. BUT: I have a long standing habit of buying more known brand names insofar as they usually turn out to be easier to sell when the time comes. You spend the extra money on a Colt vice a Tanfoglio, you're likely to get it back when it goes away.

I own one Glock in 9mm, I've looked at 10mm Glocks but didn't buy. Since I've never owned a plastic gun in 10mm, I cannot criticize them. I just wonder if they are as robust, in the long run, as a steel frame gun. Considering the nominal extra power of the cartridge. I think, as a reloader, I'd wouldn't load up to the max if I was shooting 10mm in a plastic gun. Just my own cautious approach.

Greetings gmerkt, I have had several 10mm since they were introduced. I owned one of the Bren 10s, when they had the magazine issues so I had to fire it as a single shot. Sold it when the Deltas came out and had several of them until about 1990. Was with out till about 10 years ago I bought one of the Witnesses and must say that it is one of the most sweet shooting, natural pointing guns I have. But I am thinking I want to try the M&P because of the rest of my Smith's I own.

I've had four 10mm handguns.

1. Colt Delta Elite, mega brass thrower

2. Another Colt Delta Elite, mega brass thrower

3. Ruger SR1911, mega brass thrower

4. Smith & Wesson Model 610, problem solved.

Oh, almost forgot, I had a 10mm barrel for a T/C Contender. As a single shot, it didn't present much problem with empties.

I really like the 10mm cartridge. I don't have them anymore, when I decided to scale back, something just had to go, I couldn't keep it all and still achieve a goal. I admire the versatility of the cartridge. You can load it up or down. There are many bullet choices as to design and weight.

One I wanted to try and never bought, the EAA / Tanfoglio Witless. It looked like a decent gun, and as a design clone of the CZ75 it wasn't an unknown. BUT: I have a long standing habit of buying more known brand names insofar as they usually turn out to be easier to sell when the time comes. You spend the extra money on a Colt vice a Tanfoglio, you're likely to get it back when it goes away.

I own one Glock in 9mm, I've looked at 10mm Glocks but didn't buy. Since I've never owned a plastic gun in 10mm, I cannot criticize them. I just wonder if they are as robust, in the long run, as a steel frame gun. Considering the nominal extra power of the cartridge. I think, as a reloader, I'd wouldn't load up to the max if I was shooting 10mm in a plastic gun. Just my own cautious .
To funny, I've herd the opposite about steel frame guns, that they beat themselves apart under heavy loads. I also own the Opposite of what you own in 10mm guns lol. I own a tangfolo and a Glock 20. Booth seem very good, I do own a aftermarket barrel for my Glock 20 for lead, better chamber support and I also reload.

Just wounded if you had any problems, i've always wanted one they're kind of iconic.
I didn't (and don't) worry about what the internet experts thought about it. I just shot the bubbleguming thing. A lot.

No problems that weren't caused by normal shooting. New springs brought it back to life every time. I had ~60k rounds though it when I sold it. Wish I didn't have to, but life happens. Those Delta Gold Cups are especially rare these days.

I didn't (and don't) worry about what the internet experts thought about it. I just shot the bubbleguming thing. A lot.

No problems that weren't caused by normal shooting. New springs brought it back to life every time. I had ~60k rounds though it when I sold it. Wish I didn't have to, but life happens. Those Delta Gold Cups are especially rare these days.

They're a very cool looking gun but the price now dang.

71419657-47B7-4BF5-B11D-BE24D237E9C5.png

If you scour the deserts of northern Mexico, you can probably find a bunch of brass that got flung from my Delta Gold Cup when I used to compete in Mesa/Scottsdale, AZ!
Your 10mm brass in Mexico may be mixed in with cases fired from one of my M1 Rifles when I was at the range in Bisbee.

No problems that weren't caused by normal shooting.
This ^^. Don't overload them and use good brass if you're reloading.

They're a very cool looking gun but the price now dang.
They are still in production. You should be able to find one for less than the $2,500 shown in your picture in post #30. Colt has the basic model at $1.200 MSRP. They seem to be selling for a premium over that on Gunbroker, but mostly around $1,400, $1,500. Check the completed listings for real prices. At least real GB prices. Why some people pay hundreds of dollars more for the same gun, that's a good question that I'm not qualified to answer without more information.

Cool looking, maybe, but not that much different than most other 1911's given the basic design. You buy one of these for the caliber.

I don't like the newer version that has the notches on the frame ahead of the trigger guard. I know what they are for but I don't like them. They still make the "regular" kind without the notches.

I had one of the Ruger SR 1911's in 10mm, mine worked well enough. The barrel design is different from most 1911's. They have an MSRP of about $1,300 but I didn't see many completed sales on GB for these. The several shown as recently completed sales on GB sold for under MSRP.

I do own a aftermarket barrel for my Glock 20 for lead,
I have the Glock 19, which is 9mm. Of course, I read the factory admonition against firing lead bullets. I've read the internet chatter about it. Just the same, I like for my guns to be as versatile as possible. Not that I have fired all that much lead 9mm bullet cartridges. After all, the 9mm bullets are some of the least expensive. Relatively speaking, these days. Anyway, I decided to try a couple of different lead bullets in my Glock 19, never had any issues with it. I figured, "how can this perfectly shiny, well polished bore with no chatter marks (unlike newer Colt, for example) have a problem with lead bullets?" So I never felt the need for a second barrel. In my case. But lead bullets come in all kinds of variations.

My journey down the 10mm rabbit hole started with the EEA compact witness. I swear some of that brass still hasn't hit the ground yet. Next up was the Glock G40 MOS. No matter how hard I try the grip angle on a Glock is wrong for me. Next up was the 5.25 XD(m). Once I figured out that it needed a 22lb recoil spring it was a pretty good shooter. Then a local gun shop had a Sig P-220 Legion that I had to have so the Springfield got traded off.

I'm curious about this 10mm m&p. Any experience with the sig p220 elite to compare the recoil? Love mine in 10mm, but it's a heavy beast, not something to lug around daily.

I have the Glock 19, which is 9mm. Of course, I read the factory admonition against firing lead bullets. I've read the internet chatter about it. Just the same, I like for my guns to be as versatile as possible. Not that I have fired all that much lead 9mm bullet cartridges. After all, the 9mm bullets are some of the least expensive. Relatively speaking, these days. Anyway, I decided to try a couple of different lead bullets in my Glock 19, never had any issues with it. I figured, "how can this perfectly shiny, well polished bore with no chatter marks (unlike newer Colt, for example) have a problem with lead bullets?" So I never felt the need for a second barrel. In my case. But lead bullets come in all kinds of variations.
The infamous glock warning about using cast lead bullets in their stock polygonal barrels was glock covering their bubblegum. People shooting cast bullets of unknown hardness and never looking down the bore for leading were the genesis of all the misguided hullabaloo. I have shot cast bullets through glocks with stock barrels for years with nary a problem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top