JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm assembling a parts list for my first AR 15 build. And am considering going with Aero Precision's holiday deals on an 18" complete upper. They have the choice of either MLock or Keymod for attaching devices. I'd like to have both iron sights as and red dot / scope. (I'll probably just start out with irons)

Anyone's 2 cents welcome

And Happy New Year!

One more from an outside source. KeyMod vs M-LOK: Military Chooses The Winner - Pew Pew Tactical

I have some M-lok handguards without a single thing attached. My next build will have Keymod...without a single thing attached to it. I guess I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to ARs.
Im the same way. Except, All i have is key mod, but all i hang off of the handguard is a bi-pod and sling attachment. Keymod works great, but some say the mlock is stronger. For me, its a moot point because i am pretty easy on my equipment. If i were throwing it around and really hammering on it, maybe it would make a difference.

Last Edited:
As I said in one of the other threads above.... I like Keymod even though it is apparently not as strong as Mlok. Just seems to be easier to mount stuff with Keymod.... the nuts hold themselves in place. That said, I do have a couple of Mlok things now and will be ok with them too. :s0092:

I own both and have used both mlok and keymod.

Keymod is nice for self centering. however you need to pay extra close attention to the "latches" and make sure they turn 90° from where they start to get a strong hold inside the hand guard.

I had my 3" pic rail for the bipod attached and didn't pay that close of attention when I attached it and while rapid firing without anything on the rail, it fell off from the vibration and recoil of burst fire (bump fire from the hip)

the mlok you have to pay extra attention anyway to center it, but it seems the latches always go 90° on their own with mlok so it gets a better grip to begin with. You should be fine with either as long as you pay attention to those latches in the rear and make sure they get a good hold on that hand guard.

MLOK is said to be stronger but I like the way keymod works, it seems to be easier to mount things. MLOK seems to be winning the war and it seems to be easier to find attachments that use MLOK.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top