JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't be shy about weighing in with ideas, thoughts on Monday morning's wierd shooting at a Lynnwood mobile home park.

=============================

Lynnwood shooting: No suspects, no motive

Snohomish County Sheriff’s detectives are apparently as baffled as assault victim Craig Talbert about the motive for an early-morning attack that could have ended a lot worse than just a whack on the head with a shotgun.

<broken link removed>

I never open my door until I have confirmed from a side window who it is and that I know them and they have a reason to be dropping by. Even then I have a single action auto with reloads readily nearby or on my person, just in case someone tries to force past the known and OK person, etc

BTW That takeover of your page with that ad was very annoying..

I never open my door until I have confirmed from a side window who it is and that I know them and they have a reason to be dropping by. Even then I have a single action auto with reloads readily nearby or on my person, just in case someone tries to force past the known and OK person, etc

I do the same as you in terms of answering my door.

Just going on what is presented in the OP link though I am not willing to fault a guy for just walking out his back door only to be faced by a gunman. Is the lesson to be learned one of "don't go out your back door without being armed or without a backup gun in your home?" I don't know. Might be totally based on neighborhood. I live in a nice middle class neighborhood where I feel absolutely no problems. In fact, in my entire community there is only one place I would be cautious. That said, I have had a kid looking for easy pickings walk right up my side driveway and look into my truck bed then my cab. We ended up about 10 feet apart (he had no idea I was there). Had I been armed I would've not had either the need or opportunity to draw. I did, however, show that i could cuss and be a mean sonofagun by unceremoniously inviting him off my property.

I have dog(s) that let me know when someone unknown is around....they are very good at alerting me to someone not being "right."

Agree with the ads on the GunRights page.... They were getting way out of control. Pop up blocker helps a great deal.

Last Edited:
i always put my pistol under my shirt before I answer the door unless I'm expecting someone. So I probably would have batted the shotgun away with my left hand while drawing/firing with my right at the same time

not as gangster as this here clip from collateral but close ;) watch...its 17 seconds long

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem with the movie "Collateral" is that a highly trained cold blooded killer was out-witted and out shot by a horny cab driver looking for love at the public safety building. If the lonegunman had starred in that movie, it would have had a room temprature cab driver stuffed in the trunk with a dead drug dealer about 2am and I'd have made my flight with time to spare.

I opened my door to a home invader once. I wasn't the one looking down the barrel of the shotgun and someone's tune changed faster than "American Idol".

Looking out the window when someones knocked saved me from a horrific fate today.. two young Mormon fellers ignored my NO SOLICITORS sign and knocked

No offense to Mormons intended, just a little humor. My neighbor is one and he's a good friend

The only problem with the movie "Collateral" is that a highly trained cold blooded killer was out-witted and out shot by a horny cab driver looking for love at the public safety building. If the lonegunman had starred in that movie, it would have had a room temprature cab driver stuffed in the trunk with a dead drug dealer about 2am and I'd have made my flight with time to spare.

I opened my door to a home invader once. I wasn't the one looking down the barrel of the shotgun and someone's tune changed faster than "American Idol".

Having seen the beast several times I can attest that bad @$$ bad guys usually turn into meek wittle limp sheep once they stare into the Grim Reaper's eyes

Looking out the window when someones knocked saved me from a horrific fate today.. two young Mormon fellers ignored my NO SOLICITORS sign and knocked

No offense to Mormons intended, just a little humor. My neighbor is one and he's a good friend

Hehe! I have a no soliciting sign also. It is meant to keep the jerk yard aerating guy in my city from taping his fliers to my house that peel the paint off when you remove them. We had a pointed phone discussion about it as some of my neighbors have also.

The Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses that knock are greeted with a polite "Thanks for stopping by, but I am not interested.", but I always have a pistol in my waistband. Ya never know about them evangelists! ;)

Sometimes I rather enjoy the Mormon young men stopping by. Most often they just want to chat a bit, in fact they seem just happy that someone actually wants to talk to them ... about anything. I've had them offer to do yard work for me. The Jehova's Witnesses were such a HUGE pain in my arse that I actually told them the last time they were here I would have them arrested for trespassing and harrassment. They no longer knock on the door but they do group up in front of the hosue and bow their heads in prayer for my apparent heathen ***.

This is a true story: One summer evening just after dinner when it had cooled down a bit I started on painting a decorative fence that borders my front yard. I had a nice delicious and, might I add, a beautiful and glistening can of cold Bud Light sitting on a fence section that I would take a sip of every so often. Up pull four big 'ol vans that you can fit about 10 people in. Out pile an evangelical crowd **** bent to save my soul. As a dad and his family approach the 12-13 year girl old gasped, "Dad .... do you see it? .... the can of .... al ..cho .... HOL!!???" "oh sweet jesus" exclaimed the Dad. "Get behind me and don't cast your glance upon this devil in the human flesh." I got the giggles but I did manage to take a looooooong drag on that can of golden goodness as they tried to avert their glance.

As a dad and his family approach the 12-13 year girl old gasped, "Dad .... do you see it? .... the can of .... al ..cho .... HOL!!???" "oh sweet jesus" exclaimed the Dad. "Get behind me and don't cast your glance upon this devil in the human flesh." I got the giggles but I did manage to take a looooooong drag on that can of golden goodness as they tried to avert their glance.

I don't even know you, but I like you already! :s0114: Cheers! :drink:

Kevtac, another great true story about the Jehovah's. There was a Jehovah's Witness Temple/Church just a couple of blocks away from my house when I lived in KC.

It was a balmy Fall day when I lived in Roeland Park, KS (a suburb of Kansas City) and I had been rabbit hunting out south and west of the city. I had been successful and got back in the late afternoon and had cleaned a couple of rabbits right outside of my garage.

I was just getting ready to wash my hands and clean my shotgun when I heard footsteps coming down my driveway. I turned around with my shotgun in my hands (blood all over them BTW) to see a well dressed young man walking up the driveway with some tracts in his hand apparently wanting to engage me in conversation. He saw this guy (me) with a shotgun in his bloody hands and said "Perhaps I've come at a bad time.", and beat a hasty retreat. Maybe I'm a bad person, but I laughed for quite a while.

Kevtac, another great true story about the Jehovah's. There was a Jehovah's Witness Temple/Church just a couple of blocks away from my house when I lived in KC.

It was a balmy Fall day when I lived in Roeland Park, KS (a suburb of Kansas City) and I had been rabbit hunting out south and west of the city. I had been successful and got back in the late afternoon and had cleaned a couple of rabbits right outside of my garage.

I was just getting ready to wash my hands and clean my shotgun when I heard footsteps coming down my driveway. I turned around with my shotgun in my hands (blood all over them BTW) to see a well dressed young man walking up the driveway with some tracts in his hand apparently wanting to engage me in conversation. He saw this guy (me) with a shotgun in his bloody hands and said "Perhaps I've come at a bad time.", and beat a hasty retreat. Maybe I'm a bad person, but I laughed for quite a while.

Of course the after the fact "you should've saids" are easy to come up with but ... you should've replied to the "Perhaps I've come at a bad time." with "yep, I bet thats what that last Jehova's Witness was just thinking too."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top