JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So... I just got my brand new Lyman Gen6... I set it up and made sure the loading bench was level. I was pretty excited to throw some loads as I have used my father's chargemaster 1500 in the past and it definitely sped up the process. I am currently doing load development for 3 different rifles, so speeding up the process sounded good. I get to the last step of plugging in the power supply having followed the instructions and I am expecting the light to shine down from the heavens down on my little area of the reloading bench where my Lyman is. That is when the nasty looking rain clouds move in and take away the light and starts a torrential downpour on my parade. :( The Lyman just sits there and flashes the display accompanied by an intermittent beep. I thought maybe it was just a start up period or something so I let it and continued to suffer the loud and annoying beeping. It did not go away. :mad: I sent out an email to Lyman customer service to try and get some insight into the issue and I eagerly await their response. Does anybody else have experience with these scales and possibly some solutions? The scale is brand new. I hate to think I have a dead on arrival scale. I fully admit my humanity and I would prefer that it was user error instead as that is usually a quick fix but at this point I don't have high hopes. I verified that both the scale and the power supply say 9v. So they are matching in that regard at least, but beyond that I don't have any other ideas.

Hate to be "that guy", but you did read the entire owners manual, didn't you? Also, the most frequent general fix for anything electronic seems to be power off briefly, then back on. Sorry, I don't have any specific help as I'm still using a manual powder measure and beam scale. One thing I do remember reading about digital scales in general, they need a fairly lengthy warm-up period to stabilize before use, like half an hour or so. Good luck!

Dave

So... I just got my brand new Lyman Gen6... I set it up and made sure the loading bench was level. I was pretty excited to throw some loads as I have used my father's chargemaster 1500 in the past and it definitely sped up the process. I am currently doing load development for 3 different rifles, so speeding up the process sounded good. I get to the last step of plugging in the power supply having followed the instructions and I am expecting the light to shine down from the heavens down on my little area of the reloading bench where my Lyman is. That is when the nasty looking rain clouds move in and take away the light and starts a torrential downpour on my parade. :( The Lyman just sits there and flashes the display accompanied by an intermittent beep. I thought maybe it was just a start up period or something so I let it and continued to suffer the loud and annoying beeping. It did not go away. :mad: I sent out an email to Lyman customer service to try and get some insight into the issue and I eagerly await their response. Does anybody else have experience with these scales and possibly some solutions? The scale is brand new. I hate to think I have a dead on arrival scale. I fully admit my humanity and I would prefer that it was user error instead as that is usually a quick fix but at this point I don't have high hopes. I verified that both the scale and the power supply say 9v. So they are matching in that regard at least, but beyond that I don't have any other ideas.

Did you get the scale up and running?

I have tried plugging it in and unplugging it multiple times. I will leave it plugged in and let it beep away while I sleep and see if it will correct itself. This is why I keep my manual powder thrower despite the fact that I bought an electronic.

So I left it plugged in for about 6 hours and it was still beeping when I woke up. It isn't looking good... As bones would say.... He's dead Jim! Looks like I might be going through the return to manufacturer process.

Depending on where you bought it, a lot of the on-line retailers will have a store warranty as well and you don't have to go back to the manufacturer. Might be a smidgen quicker.

Lyman just got back to me. Underneath the QC passed sticker there is a plug. Under the plug there is a calibration screw. They had me back it off one full turn. No results unfortunately but apparently if you are having calibration issues out of the box this has been a known remedy.

I made a little video of what it is doing so people can better understand the issue. That way this will be well documented and anybody who might run into this issue further down the road will have some rather specific answers and details.

I will say this much for Lyman. Their customer service is quick. They are out on eastern standard time and I had response within an hour of their opening today. I put the ticket in via email Friday evening after they had closed. I am quite pleased to see that they stand behind their customers and their products.

Got an email back. Customer service recommended returning it to the store or to them. It is worth mentioning that customer service had never seen this particular issue before.

Got an email back. Customer service recommended returning it to the store or to them. It is worth mentioning that customer service had never seen this particular issue before.
They will take care of you. Glad it's moving forward in the process.

Still wondering what the cause was besides some failure.

I made a little video of what it is doing so people can better understand the issue. That way this will be well documented and anybody who might run into this issue further down the road will have some rather specific answers and details.
Video no worky for me..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top