JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$250
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Tigard
State
Oregon
Zip Code
*Edit (8/3): price drop to $250.00*

For a Winchester pre-64 Model70 - Lyman 47 WJS Receiver Sight (as described by the nice people at Pre64Win.com, "post-war with hunter turrets). I bought this for a restoration project last spring and decided on a different direction. It is in great condition and fully functional, with two sets of mounting screws. This fit perfectly on my 1950 Model 70, 30 Gov't 06. From the nice people at Pre64WIN.com:

"The Lyman 48 WJS receiver sight was delivered on standard rifles from the factory when the rifle was ordered with a receiver sight (the Lyman 48 WH was delivered on marksman, national match and bull rifles). Prior to 1947, rifles delivered with the WJS receiver sight were inletted in the side of the stock to accommodate the mounting block for the sight. In 1947, the Lyman 48 design was changed and the blocks were relieved on the underside so they could be mounted to the rifle without contacting the stock.

There are a number of minor variations of the WJS sight, but there are 4 major variations:
  • Full block or relieved block (which we have called "pre-war" or "post-war")
And
  • Target adjusting turrets, or the smaller "hunter" adjusting turrets
For the sake of simplicity in listing the sights here, we only break the sights down by these 4 distinctive features. If you have more specific needs, please contact us and we will help you find what you need.

The sights range in condition from NRA very good to NRA excellent. This means they may have minor bluing wear, but will have no damage or functional problems. The sights shown here are an accurate representation of the sight you will receive. An aperture is included but style may vary. Mounting screws are included."
End quote.

$250.00, $275.00, no trades.

I will pay shipping, or meet up in Tigard / Newberg area.

IMG_2060.jpg IMG_2061.jpg IMG_2056.jpg IMG_2051.jpg IMG_2052.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads