JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a family member passed, and in passing left me a Luger pistol, and a holster. I don't think the holster was originally with the gun, I thing he acquired it after the fact. I know absolutely nothing about attempting to value the Luger. Is there anyone in the Portland area who'd be willing to take a look and talk to me about the pistol. It has one magazine.

Will post pics when I get a chance, but for now I have the Luger bug and in really curious about it.

Thanks in advance.

Should have the year of manufacture on the top, behind the barrel. Luger used rust bluing until about 1942, those guns, if correct, should be un-blued, in the white, on the inside. The military issued Lugers came with 2 magazines and a holster, all serialized to the gun. Luger serial numbers go to 99,999, then start over. After 1942, Luger used the bath type of bluing we use today, these guns are blued inside and out, and have plastic grips. They are referred to as Black Widows, and do not value as high generally, as the earlier Lugers.
WD

Behind the barrel it is stamped 1920

On the top it says Erfurt with a etching of a crown. It's got wooden grips that are very dark and dirty, with a few gouges in the wood. I have one mag, not sure if it's originally issued with the Luger. Also the holster I believe was acquired seperately from the gun. Still gotta put up some pics.

Yea, a picture would be good. They generally show.. stuff.
If you ever actually bring it to an actual appraiser, make sure to bring the actual gun and associated accoutrements. And if he offers you cash money for it for his "appraised" value, probably don't do that. anyway good luck

Thanks for the tip. I certainly wouldn't take it to an appraiser and trust his price for the initial sale. I'd make sure to pay an appraisal fee and keep it unbiased. Pictures to come tonight. Thanks everyone

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top