JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who here is a pro at identifying Lugers?

I'll try and post some pics of it later on, but what I remember is it has the DWM markings on the top-back area.
The bottom of the mag is wood.

The one thing I'm noticing is every one I look at online is dull and rough compared to mine. Mine has an incredible gloss finish, it is absolutely beautiful in every way shape and form.... I think it's been re-blued.

I'll get back on later this evening with it in my hand & get more info, but do we have people (s) here that are good at deciphering exactly what I've got??

Thanks in advance

Or, get a book on Lugers. I got one on Mausers, answered alot.

Hey...c'mon man.. I'm into instant gratification... :) I just figured someone here would be able to help me figure out what I've got...

Here goes;

5285bbc0.jpg
6c053efe.jpg
a39b8e57.jpg
55a86bd2.jpg
cce02faa.jpg
f08cc18c.jpg
# 82 matching the #82 on the back of the slide;
a272b6e6.jpg
obvious work done to the finish..
d5e93099.jpg
905284d0.jpg

So.... what do you think? Any idea what year it is or where it originated??

4th foto from the shows the (Dutch) DWM or Duetsche Waffen-und Munitionsfabriken AG and I believe which was used on toggle links until production of the Parabellum, then transferred to the Mauser factory in 1930. "I think??" the DWM marking was used prior to 1922 and after 1936 and then in two toggle link sizes.
I have a very good Luger encyclopedia which is on loan in Minnasota at present and it covers all Borchardt Luger's from 1885-1985. Yours does not appear to have any Third Reich markings visible to me?

mjd

so you have been to Collectors Firearms and seen the list of lugers for sale. I am sticking with 1915 as a date but it is a commercial gun manufactured between 1914 and 1916. What will kill you is the refinish job with the grinder marks. If you ask half of what the guys are getting for cherry ones you may be OK.
I was in your shoes awhile back so I am sharing what I learned from my own experience. I am no expert.
Been there.. posted basically the same stuff.

Ok... here are the facts; I don't use this. I don't keep guns that I don't use. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck this thing is worth..

That serial number would put it about 1924.It has been re-blued.Those scrub marks may have come from a wire wheel or brush since in those areas on an untouched weapon you would have seen swirl type machine marks.( I own two dwm lugers and have had them looked at by luger restorers and historians that have been more than willing to spend the time to help me learn what to look for)
My guess is that whoever owned it before thought they were imperfections and tried to remove them prior to re-bluing.
It is a numbers matrching weapon so you have that going for you.If you have anymore questions let me know and i will put you in contact with the right people.

That serial number would put it about 1924.It has been re-blued.Those scrub marks may have come from a wire wheel or brush since in those areas on an untouched weapon you would have seen swirl type machine marks.( I own two dwm lugers and have had them looked at by luger restorers and historians that have been more than willing to spend the time to help me learn what to look for)
My guess is that whoever owned it before thought they were imperfections and tried to remove them prior to re-bluing.
It is a numbers matrching weapon so you have that going for you.If you have anymore questions let me know and i will put you in contact with the right people.

Hey, thanks a lot! We looked thru the book for quite some time, and it's tough to figure out exactly what it "is".. as close as we can deduce is it's a commercial model made somewhere in the early 20's, so your info matches our research.

If I need any more questions answered, I'll give you a shout.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top