JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A gigantic revolver, in .50/70, with bronze frame and mother-of-pearl grips; be still my beating heart. (In halting Shatner voice) "Must .. contain ... my wackiness ... think of kids ... college funds. Spooooock."

Anyway, just sharing for the fun. Cheers on this dreary Tuesday morn.

I shoot my 45-70 BFR a lot, it is fun and accurate. Originally with Iron sights I sent it back to the factory for a 2X Leupold scope to be mounted, Eventually sent it to Magnaport for one of those. Now sporting a redot.
I added an inch so the grip fit my hand.
This gun has been shot by a 120 pound woman without issue albeit with my 300 gr loads not the 405gr..
IMGP0272.JPG

I shoot my 45-70 BFR a lot, it is fun and accurate. Originally with Iron sights I sent it back to the factory for a 2X Leupold scope to be mounted, Eventually sent it to Magnaport for one of those. Now sporting a redot.
I added an inch so the grip fit my hand.
This gun has been shot by a 120 pound woman without issue albeit with my 300 gr loads not the 405gr..
View attachment 636008

Very nice. I've been tempted by a BFR in .30/30 for a while. Do you hunt with this revolver?

Very nice. I've been tempted by a BFR in .30/30 for a while. Do you hunt with this revolver?
A few times, Its different, roaming the woods with nothing in your hand. While fun, I'm really a rifle guy. I do pretty good up to 100 yards at hitting 6" plate without support. I use to do a bit farther but have entered the useto time of life. Having a tree to lean on though is definitely helpful now. The 10" barrel enhances distance ability almost rifle like. (I shoot a marlin 1895 45-70 also) I have no doubt of its lethality for deer at that distance but likely would want halve that for elk just because. The weight of it really negates a lot of the recoil which surprises first time shooters expecting more. The compensator almost puts my 350gr soft lead similar to my 230gr 45 colt, Almost. Hunting with the compensator not advised unless you hunt with ear protection. I don't.
Thanks to both hunting, cowboy action, and polymer tips there are such a gigantic variety of type and weight bullets both lead and jacketed available, its really fun to load for.
I use a Dacron filler for some loads to keep the modern powders in place near the primer and doesn't seem cause any residue grief for me.