JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the assumption is that someone will only clean and lube their gun occasionaly, or using a specific lube will make cleaning, or lubrication a moot point. I have no use for those people. Crisco or Pam will actually work well too.

I clean with Rem Oil, mostly because I like having it in an aerosol can.

I always use hoppe's gun oil heavily after (and wipe my guns down before use at a range or whatever).

I am ordering a couple bottles of that corrosion X and will be giving that a try.

the assumption is that someone will only clean and lube their gun occasionaly, or using a specific lube will make cleaning, or lubrication a moot point. I have no use for those people. Crisco or Pam will actually work well too.

The flash point of both crisco and pam are too low, this can make them a fire danger, the other major issue especially with crisco is that it has a tendency to go rancid when exposed to heat. Some years ago I was experimenting with different compounds for fluxing casting lead, I tried everything... wax, motor oil, sawdust, even food products like crisco and margarine. Crisco caught fire quite quickly, however margarine melted, smelled like dead fish, and after burning off some of it's more volatile components, it left this thick oil that evaporated slowly even at 800F, I would actually classify the experience as frightening that whatever that is, is ok as a food product. However, if you were to repeat the experiment, evaporate off the junk, and use that oil as a lubricant/preservative you might be in good shape.

I've been thoroughly pleased with Weapon Shield..:cool:

I have seen and heard positive things about Corrosion X and Eezox for preservation qualities though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top