JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Lowpriceguns Cost Plus $25 Sale on all rifles in stock.

Thursday April 26th through Saturday May 12th

*First Come/First Served*

*3% Credit Card Fees*

*Prices for items on hand in our store*

*Special Orders Cost plus $40 (our transfer fee)*

*No stock or price checks over the phone…email with questions*

13433 NE 20th Street Suite I Bellevue WA 98005

(425) 614-4867 – Phone

(425) 614-4869 - Fax

[email protected]

http://lowpriceguns.com

Monday – Saturday 11am – 6pm

USED GUNS

v Colt LE6920 Magpul 5.56 Black - $699

v Bushmaster XM15 5.56 Original Model - $350

v Savage Axis 30-06 Scope & Sling Stainless Steel Never Fired - $350

v LWRC ICDI 5.56 Grey M-Lok Never Fired - $1100

v Century Arms WASR 10 7.62x39 - $399

My boy has been looking at getting a WASR, but are you still not selling to those under 21?
Just want to know so he doesn't make the drive for nothing.

Ray

My boy has been looking at getting a WASR, but are you still not selling to those under 21?
Just want to know so he doesn't make the drive for nothing.

Ray

Sad to see a gunshop not sell a firearm to a legal aged Adult!

I checked..
Not selling any firearms to anyone under 21..

I'll never buy from them again..
anti gun shop... Not American

Don't care if they are a "Silver Vendor"

Weird how some of the posts they made about radio ads and giving up our rights because it suited their agenda are now missing and deleted

Weird how some of the posts they made about radio ads and giving up our rights because it suited their agenda are now missing and deleted

Must be a conspiracy. Or the Russians. Or possibly forum rules? :rolleyes:

I'm confused, are you guys saying this vendor, low priced guns, is denying adults 18-20 from buying a firearm?

If so, maybe he can say why? I don't get it myself, but would try to hold out unti the vendor can explain?

Wait wait wait... o_O

He cares more about his 2nd amendment and keeping his AR15 & "High Capacity magazines" :rolleyes:

Yet decides to strip the 2nd amendment from an Adult 18-20 year olds.

Yup, it seems that his 2A rights are the most important, everyone else's is up for "compromise".........................

Ray

From the article (emphasis and [brackets] mine):

Kim Malcolm talks with Jason Cazes, owner of Low Price Guns in Bellevue, about why he's decided to not sell long guns, which include military-style assault weapons, to people under the age of 21.

Interview Highlights

Why have you decided not to sell military-style assault weapons to people under the age of 21?

It is the right thing to do. Period. It's what my heart tells me to do and I don't care if I lose my business over it, my livelihood. It's the right thing to do. And it's combined with the fact that I want to keep my Second Amendment rights to be able to own an AR 15 in any way with a high cap mag – high capacity magazines. That's very important to me too. The two things are equally important to me. My Second Amendment is the most important thing to me. To be able to protect myself as I see fit. Nobody else telling me how.

[This is almost incoherent, I honestly can't make clear sense of what he's trying to say... That by not selling firearms to Adults between 18-20 is somehow going to protect high cap mags from legislation?]

Is there something particular about the age group, 18 to 21, that you have a problem with?

They're not mature enough to handle it yet. Obviously, based on what we're seeing. So I think it will cut out some of this and especially if you're doing state checks. And it's going to only cut out the immature people, it's going to cut out the crazies that aren't getting state checks that are older. [You're saying that by not selling to adults between 18-20 you are somehow impacting sales to other adults who are 21+ and crazy? How do you make that connection?]

To get a handgun, you go through a two-part background check. You have a FBI background check, and then you have a state background check. The state background checks looks for domestic violence and mental illness. Now, if that's not being done for younger people that are getting long guns, such as ARs, that's a problem. That's what I'm proposing here: taking the long gun rules which are at this point 18 and up – just a FBI check is done – and moving it to handguns, which is you've got to be 21 and up. And you have two checks that are done. So it's not just the young people here that I'm saying 18, 19, and 20 year olds –it's everybody above that also that gets a state check.

If you were to stick with this decision, you would be among just a handful of gun businesses that operate this way. Only Hawaii and Illinois have laws that set age for owning a long gun at the age of 21. In most states, including Washington, they they've set the age at 18. So why stick your neck out for this?

Because it matters. And it's not about money. It's about principle and what I feel is right. And it's about wanting to protect my Second Amendment rights to own an AR and high cap mags. It's both things. [What? I still don't understand this connection... how does his decision to not to sell to these adults relate to high cap mags?\

What has the reaction been from your customers?

Initially, I didn't explain that I'm trying to save the Second Amendment part and the AR part. And so it was a knee jerk reaction of, "You're just trying to make more laws." My side, pro gun, says "no more laws, period. I don't care if it even makes sense. No. More. Laws." And then the other side is like, "Well, you need to ban ARs and high cap mags." That's always the answer. It's an emotional, immature teenage reaction from both sides. We need to be adults and have a discussion here.

You've made this decision for yourself and for your business not to sell these types of weapons to people under the age of 21. As the owner of a gun store, are there other steps that you're thinking of that you might consider taking to prevent gun deaths?

This is it. This is the commonsense thing that's been missing. I'm just putting it out there. There's nothing else to confuse anything with. It's simple.

From the article (emphasis and [brackets] mine):
[This is almost incoherent, I honestly can't make clear sense of what he's trying to say... That by not selling firearms to Adults between 18-20 is somehow going to protect high cap mags from legislation?]

[You're saying that by not selling to adults between 18-20 you are somehow impacting sales to other adults who are 21+ and crazy? How do you make that connection?]

[What? I still don't understand this connection... how does his decision to not to sell to these adults relate to high cap mags?\

The part you're missing, is that he earlier stated that he wanted to "compromise" away the 18-20 year olds 2A rights, for a cross your heart pinky promise from the anti's that they won't go after the rifle that he likes: AR's and "high capacity magazines.

In my opinion, as I've only seen/heard him mention AR's, it kind of seems that he would be fine letting them ban every other semi-auto (like the WASR mentioned in the OP) as long as he can have his coveted AR.

Ray

The part you're missing, is that he earlier stated that he wanted to "compromise" away the 18-20 year olds 2A rights, for a cross your heart pinky promise from the anti's that they won't go after the rifle that he likes: AR's and "high capacity magazines.

In my opinion, as I've only seen/heard him mention AR's, it kind of seems that he would be fine letting them ban every other semi-auto (like the WASR mentioned in the OP) as long as he can have his coveted AR.

Ray
Not true Ray. To learn about what I am suggesting, you would go read my post on lowpriceguns facebook page.

Owner Lowpriceguns - Jason

Not true Ray. To learn about what I am suggesting, you would go read my post on lowpriceguns facebook page.

Owner Lowpriceguns - Jason

OK, I've read your "compromise" and have a few questions and/or comments:

Your first point:

1. Handgun and Longgun purchases and transfers will have a minimum age of 21, with Active Military, Honorably Discharged, or sworn law enforcement having exemptions at age 18. Current laws applying to Handguns will remain in effect, which would be applying that a parent buying a long gun for their child to possess and use is allowed, with the parent assuming responsibility. (This is currently legal for handguns) To the far right on this issue, not open to moving long gun age to 21, like it currently is for handguns, I have a question... Would you like to lower the current handgun age to 18 from 21? Or would you like to do away with age restrictions altogether? Longgun bump to 21 is not a huge give or trade from the rest of what I"m suggesting below.

First off a comment: Yes, I would "like to lower the current handgun age to 18 from 21." If they're mature enough to vote for the leaders of their respective state and our nation, then they're mature enough to own a firearm. On the flip side, if they're not mature enough to own a firearm, I sure as hell don't want them voting, driving, etc.!

Question about #1: If you truly believe that there should be an exemption for those under 21 years of age to purchase a firearm to include "Active Military, Honorably Discharged, or sworn law enforcement", then why are you not doing so at your store now instead of "no longer selling to those under 21"?

Capture.PNG

2. FBI and State Background checks put into one system, which has to be created and maintained by a joint effort between the Federal Government, and all of the states, taking current systems and combining them, improving them, one that checks felonies, domestic violence, mental illness, and dishonorable military discharges all in one place with one check.

How would what you're proposing, have stopped the incident (Stoneman-Douglas shooting) that caused you to quit "selling to anyone under the age of 21"?

3. Create a National Database for stolen gun serial numbers to be entered by law enforcement, which FFL dealers can access via the web, to enter serials of guns they purchase from individuals, to check if they are stolen so they can report to the seller to law enforcement. (This doesn't exist, we need this now!)

This I will agree with, for a different reason. It should be done, so when a stolen firearm is recovered, it can be given back to it's proper owner and to add another charge for the criminal who possessed it. I personally don't believe that this will curb criminals from buying firearms on the black market, as I'm pretty sure that those who are stealing guns are not selling them through FFL's.

4. Require the new 'Universal Background FBI and State combined check system', the improved truly 'connected' system, be done at FFL dealer with form 4473 for all Private transfers between individuals, so criminals cannot buy a gun without a background check if someone privately sells their gun to another private person. I don't want criminals, people with felonies and domestic violence freely and easily buying firearms, do you?

An I-594 supporter........ I kind of figured.

Are you a supporter of I-594 for the same reason that the health insurance companies supported Obamacare, because you can make more profit when the law requires everyone to buy your product? If not, shouldn't your BGC fee be inline with what I pay at the WAC shows?

Also, it seems that you're advocating a National Firearms Registry. There are millions of firearms that have been sold numerous time without a BGC and are lost to the system, so please explain how a national BGC law without a registry will stop people from selling those privately.

5. To not store private citizens 'checked' information in Background check system, such as personal info, or makes models of guns purchased, so no 'National Registry' is built and maintained, to keep law abiding citizens info and ownership private from the government.

So, you don't want a registry, yet in point #4, you want everyone to fill out a Form 4473 for every firearms purchase and we all know that form includes peoples personal information, the makes, models and serial numbers of guns. Please explain how filling out a Form 4473 and keeping this info is not a registry.

6. All Handguns and Long guns sold legally today, including ARs, and Hi-Capacity Magazines are prohibited from any bans by all states in the future.

OK, but I think it needs to be stronger and say "All firearms ever sold legally in this country and all standard Capacity Magazines are forever prohibited from any bans or restrictions by any individual state, the federal government and any agencies thereof.

7. No Gun Free Zones. Except inside locations serving alcohol.

I agree with "No Gun Free Zones", period, because with even one exception, that's where those intent on harm will attack (think Orlando).

8. Universal Concealed Carry for all states.

OK, but I think "Constitutional Carry" is the way to go. The Govt. needs to stay the hell out of it or they'll start pricing the everyday person out of it.

9. Attempted legal purchases or transfers that result in a 'Denial', will be followed up on by the FBI within 5 business days. If the attempt was done by a felon, prosecution charges will be brought against the individual. If the person is unable to buy the gun legally, and get's another person to legally purchase it for them, which is called a 'straw purchase', the straw purchaser will be subject to the same prosecution as the criminal they are buying the firearm for.

Um, how are you going to be able to prosecute "straw purchases" without knowing who has what guns, i.e. a registry as mentioned above?

The last of my questions:
Did you help the WA Alliance for gun Responsibility Confiscation draft I-1639 and are you going to be one of their token gun owners (as your even more special because you're a gun dealer for gun control) in their commercials for this "commons sense solution"?
There are quite a few similarities between what you and they are proposing:
  • You both think that there's a "gun problem in this country",
  • You both want to deny those under 21 the right of gun ownership,
  • You both want enhanced background checks,
  • You both want burden gun owners, instead of addressing the real issues and/or solutions (such as keeping those who are too dangerous to won a gun off the streets),
  • You both want to make gun owners pay a fee to exercise their 2A rights to buy a gun,
  • You both support a gun registry, but say that you don't.
https://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/finaltext_1531.pdf
Lowpriceguns.com

Ray

I wonder if most of this thread (including this very post) should be moved? I don't agree with what the op is doing. In fact, firearms dealers who side with the lefty freedom haters get me all kinds of grumpy. They're there worst. But, this is the classified section. Do the rules not apply to threads started by vendors?

Again, I have no beef with you guys beating them up over this bs. By all means, keep it up. You guys are doing America a service by calling these types out. I just don't think this is place for it.

Thank you.

I wonder if most of this thread (including this very post) should be moved? I don't agree with what the op is doing. In fact, firearms dealers who side with the lefty freedom haters get me all kinds of grumpy. They're there worst. But, this is the classified section. Do the rules not apply to threads started by vendors?

Again, I have no beef with you guys beating them up over this bs. By all means, keep it up. You guys are doing America a service by calling these types out. I just don't think this is place for it.

Thank you.

We aren't ripping on his deal, we are ripping on him as a person.

Thank you.

Outside of the factual posts about them not selling to those under 21, you're probably right.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.