JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have bought some relatively expensive AR uppers. (I would think anything over a grand for an upper is expensive) Most of that money spent on a high end upper gets you hand selected high end parts and as big name logo. Chances are if your dumping a grand plus on a upper your going to get a good, reliable and accurate gun.

But what about the other extreme? I have never bought one of the "ultra cheap" uppers. I think the cheapest I have seen is $275 W/BCG. At that price I dont know what you get. Ive never owned or shot a ultra budget gun. I would think you could easily put together a AR for under $400 trying to keep the dollars small.

Id like to know your experiences. Who you bought parts from you liked, who sold you parts you dont like. Why dont you like them? How do they shoot?

I am going to put a rifle together for a friend and we are leaning towards dirt cheap. I have a $48 Anderson lower and take off generic furniture which means we will have around $85 in an assembled lower.

It seems like some of the assembled lowers are cheaper than you could buy the parts to assemble the same thing?

It seems risky to me to just search out the cheapest thing you can find. My experience has been that when you do what you usually get is the cheapest thing you can find... I also know there must be some compromise and some reasonably good low end parts.

<broken link removed>

Seems like this is pretty hard to beat.

Throw in a $79 Chrome lined BCG and free shipping and you got the makings of a super low buck rig

Have a 400$ 10.5" upper with a 12 inch free float (gonna sit the suppressor in it) en route. That was 400$ shipped with a BCG. Gonna shoot the crap out of it over a week or so and see about it.

I just bought a couple aero precision uppers and lowers on sale from brownells these are stripped, but $63 for the lowers and $65 for the uppers. Built a pistol off one set looks good fired good.
Personally I really don't see any difference in uppers or lowers unless your talking about polymer.
I think the only real thing that will make a difference is the internal components and ammo.
I have a Delton I bought completed for $750 and have put a couple thousand rounds through with no issues.
Of course if your looking for a tack driver or a specialized weapon your going to pay for it.
GIs have been using a basic beat up AR since Vietnam and they work great

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top