Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lowes veterans discount

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kev350, Feb 11, 2013.

1. kev350

kev350 Gresham , Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just went to Lowes to buy some appliances. I ask the customer service about the veterans discount and was told if you are not active military, disabled military or retired military you are not considered a veteran. So I called their corporate office to see if that was right yup that's their policy. In my opinion if you serve in the military you are a veteran. I just can't see giving them any more of my money but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Boomerang and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

Despicable. If that's what they want to do, they should call it what it is-- "Active military service discount", not a "Veteran's discount", which it is not.

Nutty4Guns and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

You can have "Veteran" added to your drivers license now at DMV. I had it added when I renewed mine. It works for me at Lowe's. Before that, I would get denied the discount on occasion as well.

4. kev350

Damn I just renewed two weeks ago.
    Looks like it's home depot f or me.
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

5. sneakboxer

sneakboxer NW OR Active Member

I would not hate on Lowes. I'd hate on the people claiming to be vets, active, or retired that never served. They are forcing the company to check IDs. Thats good info on the drivers license though.

1 person likes this.
  6. kev350

The corporate lady I spoke with said it's only for active duty, disabled or retired military, not for vet's unless your in one of those categories.

Galaxy S 3

7. greedy bastards

greedy bastards Multnomah Village New Member

They get nothing from me and I tell 500 other people. thanx for the info

8. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

I am a disabled vet and enjoy using that benefit, most retailers will thank me for my service. I don't like lowes just like the above post, in addition the lowes near me never has good customer service. The Home Depot on the other hand, always honors my discount and has awesome customer service.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.