Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Low number Mosin Nagant

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by rangerkeeler, Dec 8, 2012.

1. rangerkeeler

rangerkeeler Vancouver, WA New Member

Hello,
    I have a Mosin Nagant 91/30 dated from 1930. It is serial number 37 with no letters before or after, just 37, Izhevsk made with Octogan receiver. From what I have researched, Izhevsk made guns and started over serial numbers each year. Let me know what you guys think, this could very well be the 37th 91/30 produced by Izhevsk! Afterall, 1930 is when they were introduced...

nagant.jpg

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

you can find more info on 7.62x54r.net and a few mosin sites. If it is indeed #37 that's a find.

3. rangerkeeler

Very nice! All other numbers match on gun as 37, probably refurbed but rec is clean and stamped deep with 37

4. rangerkeeler

Also, M91/30s were first made in 1930 which makes this even more interesting!

5. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

6. Bowwen

Bowwen Saint Helens, OR New Member

I am going to have to check but my mosin has a date stamp of 1929 on the Octogan receiver but I do not know that serial # as I am at work at the moment.

7. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

My 1930 Tula Hex is s/n 2080. Never knew if it was really the 2,080th 91/30 made.

8. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

As further info, I asked about this on another forum and the answer was illuminating:

What does s/n 2080 really mean?