Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Low number Mosin Nagant

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by rangerkeeler, Dec 8, 2012.

1. rangerkeeler

rangerkeeler Vancouver, WA New Member

Hello,
    I have a Mosin Nagant 91/30 dated from 1930. It is serial number 37 with no letters before or after, just 37, Izhevsk made with Octogan receiver. From what I have researched, Izhevsk made guns and started over serial numbers each year. Let me know what you guys think, this could very well be the 37th 91/30 produced by Izhevsk! Afterall, 1930 is when they were introduced...

nagant.jpg

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

you can find more info on 7.62x54r.net and a few mosin sites. If it is indeed #37 that's a find.

3. rangerkeeler

Very nice! All other numbers match on gun as 37, probably refurbed but rec is clean and stamped deep with 37

4. rangerkeeler

Also, M91/30s were first made in 1930 which makes this even more interesting!

5. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

6. Bowwen

Bowwen Saint Helens, OR New Member

I am going to have to check but my mosin has a date stamp of 1929 on the Octogan receiver but I do not know that serial # as I am at work at the moment.

7. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

My 1930 Tula Hex is s/n 2080. Never knew if it was really the 2,080th 91/30 made.

8. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

As further info, I asked about this on another forum and the answer was illuminating:

What does s/n 2080 really mean?